RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Equations/Details of the Color Transformations

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Equations/Details of the Color Transformations Simone80 16 Apr 19:32
  Equations/Details of the Color Transformations Øyvind Kolås 17 Apr 13:20
2020-04-16 19:32:26 UTC (almost 4 years ago)
postings

Hi All,

I am interested in the color transformations of the tools like brightness-contrast, hue-chroma, hue-saturation, saturation, exposure, color balance, color temperature, ...

Do you know where I can find the details of these tools, in particular the mathematical equations behind them?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Simone

Simone80 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Øyvind Kolås
2020-04-17 13:20:41 UTC (almost 4 years ago)

For most of these filters you find the code and innerloop; which ends up containing the most important bits of the formula in the sources for the GEGL operations, like gegl/operations/common/exposure.c and also in the folder gegl/operations/common-gpl3+ . However beware that the innerloop does not tell the whole story; as operations also constrain the type of pixel encodings they accept. For instance gegl:exposure ensures that the component values are linear, the math would be wrong if applied to 8bit sRGB data or floating point sRGB data.

/pippin

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 9:34 PM Simone80 wrote:

Hi All,

I am interested in the color transformations of the tools like brightness-contrast, hue-chroma, hue-saturation, saturation, exposure, color balance, color temperature, ...

Do you know where I can find the details of these tools, in particular the mathematical equations behind them?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Simone

-- Simone80 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list