Create a new species by merging two or more animals!
24 Nov 2012 00:01 UTC – 25 Jan 2013 18:01 UTC
25 Jan 2013 22:30 UTC – 05 Feb 2013 18:00 UTC
Status: finished (14 submissions)
This contest is just for fun ;) There are no prizes this time. If you want to sponsor something please feel free to contact our team: team[at]gimpusers[dot]com
What you see above is a totally new species first discovered in the wild alps of Austria in Europe! It’s name is “the flying Cobrantula” a frightening mix of a cobra, a tarantula and an eagle ;)
The new topic of our current contest is to create such a fictional species by yourself using GIMP! Use at least two images to make a new animal. You’re not forced to only merge two or more animals – you can also create new skins for existing animals. Try a web search to get more inspiration – there are plenty of creations already! The goal is just to have a funny or scary new type on animal in the end. Have fun ;)
- Use at least two photos of existing animals
- You can also use new “surfaces” to create a new skin look
- In the final image please also show all of the images you used (see my example above)
- All uploaded images are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.
- You need a free gimpusers.com account to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions.
- All images have to be created with GIMP.
- Submissions are only accepted if uploaded using the Submissions page. Every image is required to be in JPEG or PNG format, and the GIMP workspace has to be uploaded, too.
- Please save and upload your GIMP workspace as .xcfbz2 file (instead of .xcf). The steps of the creation process should be as traceable as possible so that others can benefit.
- Make sure that all legal requirements are fulfilled, especially the copyright of used images. You can reference your sources in every submission's description.
- You can upload up to three submissions and modify/delete it until the end of the submission period.
- Submissions remain public when you should delete your account, but they won't be associated to an author anymore.
- Possible prizes are provided by the named sponsors. There is no legal claim to the prizes.
Post your own comments, questions or hints here. The author and other users will see your posting and can reply to it.
Of course, you can also ask in the chat.
Please log in to manage your subscriptions.
New comments are disabled because of spam.