RSS/Atom feed Twitter

Splicing a split image: White line between halves?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

2021-12-31 21:46:28 UTC (28 days ago)
postings
contact

I have some PDFs where images are split across pages. I need to get the original image, comprised of one half over the other.

I have tried several online tutorials, including this:

https://gimpguide.bandcamp.com/album/how-to-merge-pictures-in-gimp

Sadly, every time I do this, even moving the two image (layers) vertically, everything looks good - until I save, or even flatten before saving.

What am I missing?

Please, advise. Thank you.

~ helices

2022-01-10 19:20:58 UTC (19 days ago)
postings
contact

Please, provide suggestions on how to splice images without a line between them.

I have some PDFs where images are split across pages. I need to get the original image, comprised of one half over the other.

I have tried several online tutorials, including this:

https://gimpguide.bandcamp.com/album/how-to-merge-pictures-in-gimp

Sadly, every time I do this, even moving the two image (layers) vertically, everything looks good - until I save, or even flatten before saving.

What am I missing?

Please, advise. Thank you.

~ helices

2022-01-11 11:06:41 UTC (18 days ago)
postings
contact

Please, provide suggestions on how to splice images without a line between them.

Not sure that that tutorial is what you need. Try posting the two images that you are trying to join (or a link to a zip file containing them) then I will look at them and see if I can help. You are more likely to get someone to help if you post a specific example rather than a broad 'it doesn't work' type post.