RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Trouble getting GIMP to work - occasionally

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Trouble getting GIMP to work - occasionally John Noir Smith via gimp-user-list 20 May 06:37
  Trouble getting GIMP to work - occasionally IolaNorman 31 Dec 06:16
John Noir Smith via gimp-user-list
2020-05-20 06:37:21 UTC (almost 4 years ago)

I think it may be more fair to say that it work's occasionally, and most of the time it doesn't.

I'm using a MacBook Air, which I know isn't optimal for GIMP, and I have the latest version available for MacOS (GIMP 2.10.14).

What happens is I open up GIMP, and try and start a project - and most of the times it will at least open up the picture I mean to work with, or start a blank canvas if I ask for it - but it won't let me select any tools, and whatever I try to do to the picture using the toolbar at the top of my window won't do anything either. Like I can for instance open up Colors -> Brightness-Contrast, but it won't do anything to the image even if I go to 100.

I'm not sure how to search for this issue, so I figured in the end it would be better to try and make a post of my own. I've tried to delete and reinstall it a couple of times, but it's an issue which just keep recurring.

Thanks for your help in advance! -John

2021-12-31 06:16:56 UTC (about 2 years ago)
postings

The trouble here is about getting the GIMP to work occasionally in the variation of help and the support. The discussion is basically connected with it and https://www.australian-writings.org/ that are having the trouble in the using of command and other sense of suitability in life.