RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10 quixote 06 Aug 06:24
  Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10 Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list 06 Aug 11:13
  Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10 rich404 06 Aug 11:21
  Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10 quixote 07 Aug 04:43
   Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10 quixote 07 Aug 06:11
2019-08-06 06:24:55 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I'm running Gimp 2.10 on Debian Buster. I installed gimp-plugin-registry and gimp-python using synaptic.

Heal selection (Filters > enhance > heal selection) and Resynthesizer (Filters > Map > Resynthesize) both appear and show their dialog boxes.

However when I try to use Heal Selection it doesn't run and gives me an error about not finding "procedure plug-in-resynthesizer". (Something like that. This is from memory.)

I haven't tried running resynthesizer because it's the heal selection I actually need.

In the course of trying to get this to work, I have the resynthesizer executable and its related gui and python files in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/ (owned by root, all executable), as well as in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer/ (owned by me, ie user, all executable) and in /.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/ (also owned by user and executable) just in case that helped!

Why isn't at least one of these working??

tia

quixote (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list
2019-08-06 11:13:45 UTC (over 4 years ago)

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:25 AM quixote wrote:

I'm running Gimp 2.10 on Debian Buster. I installed gimp-plugin-registry and gimp-python using synaptic.

Heal selection (Filters > enhance > heal selection) and Resynthesizer (Filters > Map > Resynthesize) both appear and show their dialog boxes.

However when I try to use Heal Selection it doesn't run and gives me an error about not finding "procedure plug-in-resynthesizer". (Something like that. This is from memory.)

I haven't tried running resynthesizer because it's the heal selection I actually need.

In the course of trying to get this to work, I have the resynthesizer executable and its related gui and python files in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/ (owned by root, all executable), as well as in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer/ (owned by me, ie user, all executable) and in /.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/ (also owned by user and executable) just in case that helped!

Any chance you could build it yourself rather than using the gimp-plugin-registry? Works just fine on 2.10.x.

Alex

rich404
2019-08-06 11:21:47 UTC (over 4 years ago)

I'm running Gimp 2.10 on Debian Buster. I installed gimp-plugin-registry and
gimp-python using synaptic.

Heal selection (Filters > enhance > heal selection) and Resynthesizer (Filters >
Map > Resynthesize) both appear and show their dialog boxes.

However when I try to use Heal Selection it doesn't run and gives me an error
about not finding "procedure plug-in-resynthesizer". (Something like that. This
is from memory.)

I haven't tried running resynthesizer because it's the heal selection I actually
need.

In the course of trying to get this to work, I have the resynthesizer executable
and its related gui and python files in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/ (owned by root, all
executable), as well as in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer/ (owned by
me, ie user, all executable) and in /.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/ (also owned by user and
executable) just in case that helped!

tia

First a general query about your Gimp installation.

Is Gimp version 2.10.8 that comes with Debian 10 or is it maybe a flatpack / appimage / something else.

Makes a big difference for installing plugins.

Now a short rant about the gimp-plugin-registry package. Pulls in a ridiculous number of dependencies. see screenshot.

Then the package itself. 24 plug-ins, 158 scm scripts and strangely 6 python plugins in the scripts section (presumably to get them out of the way since they have not worked since Gimp 2.6) Do you ever use any of those ancient FX-Foundry scripts? Rant over.

However, I can confirm that the resynthesizer / resynthesizer-gui / plugin-heal-selection.py that install do work, so it is your installation causing the problem. Too many files in the wrong locations. I did write a reply but really need to know that first bit of info (Gimp version)

Attachments: * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1235/original/package.jpg

rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
2019-08-07 04:43:01 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I could probably build it myself, but only with exact step by step instructions. Without that, I invariably forget a step or put a comma somewhere or some damn thing and it doesn't work.

The Gimp is just whatever comes with Debian 10. Not a flatpack or otherwise manually installed. Interesting that the problem is probably that it's in several locations. So which location should I keep? Which ones should be deleted?

Maybe the smartest thing would be to delete them everywhere, uninstall the packages I installed using synaptic, and then reinstall from synaptic?

Thanks for your help!

2019-08-07 06:11:54 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I deleted the two resynth dirs under ~/.config/ and ~/.gimp-2.8/ and kept the resynth files in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/ (which I'm pretty sure were put there when I installed from synaptic).

And W00T! It works.

Thanks again!