RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Where are GIMP 2.10 Files on Mac?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Where are GIMP 2.10 Files on Mac? Bluize56 14 Jan 17:02
  Where are GIMP 2.10 Files on Mac? icefireinsanity 24 Nov 02:57
  Where are GIMP 2.10 Files on Mac? icefireinsanity 24 Nov 04:02
2019-01-14 17:02:20 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

I have now downloaded GIMP 2.10 three times. I am using a MacBook Pro, Mid 2012, running Mojave. The initial download is smooth, no probs. Click the DNG file and you are brought an Install Drive. Click that and there is a window with the GIMP icon to drag to Applications folder. The Application is in the folder, all 426 MB of it. I only discovered this problem after wanting to add new brushes. When I go to my Library, in the GIMP folder, there is only the old files for 2.8. No folders anywhere for 2.10! I added my brushes to that folder just to see if somehow 2.10 was using its contents, but no go. So where might I access GIMP's folders, if they are not in my Library?

Any clues? Any guesses? Any help would be appreciated. I am enjoying the new look, and functionality of 2.10, and I really don't want to go back.

Thanks in advance...

Ken

2019-11-24 02:57:36 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I am in the same predicament... I just downloaded 2.10 and can't seem to locate the gimp folder under my user.

did you ever figure anything out?

icefireinsanity (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
2019-11-24 04:02:30 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I found a solution!

Under to "user folder"/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10, I made a new folder labeled "brushes" then copied my abr files into it.

Restarted the application and they are all present!

i have also discovered an alternative!

in gimp preferences, go to "Folders" click the + and then select "Brushes"

it will show you one folder that can be opened by selecting it then clicking the button circled in red.

to access this folder outside of this preferences menu, you have to go to Applications, RIGHT click the gimp application and "Show Package Contents." then follow: Content/Resources/share/gimp/2.0 and you will find a plethora of folders! you could make a shortcut to this folder in finder.

Attachments: * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1297/original/Screen_Shot_2019-11-23_at_10.47.02_PM.png

icefireinsanity (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)