RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem completing install Mac

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem completing install Mac MtnMarty 07 Jan 19:17
  Problem completing install Mac GimpMango 25 Jan 12:36
   Problem completing install Mac Dwain Alford via gimp-user-list 26 Jan 19:07
   Problem completing install Mac MtnMarty 26 Jan 20:54
    Problem completing install Mac GimpMango 28 Jan 09:02
2019-01-07 19:17:09 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

Using system 10.14.2 (Mohave). I can install the program. When I open it, I go through the steps to authorize installation and it opens and is functional. But the application is never installed, just the installer dmg and I must go through this each time I open the program. I've opened the lock in the privacy section of the system preferences, checked allow install, etc. However, only the installer remains on my drive. Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

2019-01-25 12:36:29 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

I have the exact same problem! Did you find a solution?

Dwain Alford via gimp-user-list
2019-01-26 19:07:09 UTC (about 5 years ago)

is gimp installed in your system applications folder?

dwain

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 5:50 AM GimpMango wrote:

-- GimpMango (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

2019-01-26 20:54:23 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

I was able to fix things. Here's the steps. First download the GIMP installer. Then after double clicking the dmg file, you must authorize the app since it's not from Apple. After that, COPY the app icon and paste it into your applications folder. From then on, the app will open and close just like any other app.

2019-01-28 09:02:48 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

THANK YOU yes, this worked!