RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

severe blue cast or mask fix

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

severe blue cast or mask fix WoodGoat 03 Mar 22:42
  severe blue cast or mask fix Seloquin 18 Apr 10:09
2014-03-03 22:42:47 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

Hello:

I'm a newbie Gimp user and not a photographer. I use the Gimp for repair and cleaning up family photos and like to learn on images I've found online.

I'm a huge fan of a singer that passed away in the late '60's and found a photo of her that has such an intense blue cast I have been completely unable to fix it. I've tried everything that I have run across in tutorials and even things I thought might work and no soap.

I've added the image so everyone can see it; the best I've come up with is desaturating and leaving it in grayscale, not what I'd really like, I'd love to have this image in color- not blue!

Cheers and thanks

2015-04-18 10:09:09 UTC (almost 9 years ago)
postings

well spent a moment having a play around with the image, see what i could do, best results where much better than original image.

Colours > Retinex (Level; High) can play around with the bars if you want. >

Colours > map > Sample Colourize > get samples > 0/ 2.34/ 200 will remove most of the blue

duplicate layer > desaturate > Illuminisoty > make sure layers at top > set layer mode to hardlight > New from visable.

create a selection of the hair where its all pinky > colour > hue saturation >

turn red and magenta's > lightness -100 > saturation -100

repeat Hue saturation until hair is black.

Alternatively you can de-saturate, create selection regions and colourise the areas.