RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Bezier Curves in 1.3.16

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Bezier Curves in 1.3.16 Jeff Trefftzs 28 Jun 19:28
  Bezier Curves in 1.3.16 Jakub Steiner 30 Jun 10:47
  Bezier Curves in 1.3.16 Sven Neumann 30 Jun 14:17
   Bezier Curves in 1.3.16 Jeff Trefftzs 30 Jun 21:50
Jeff Trefftzs
2003-06-28 19:28:17 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Bezier Curves in 1.3.16

Greetings, fellow gimpers -

It appears that the bezier curve tool usage has changed between 1.2.x and 1.3. In 1.2 I could close the curve, click inside the closed curve, and then proceed to edit the points, adjusting the curve to fit whatever object I was trying to define. In 1.3 I seem unable to close the curve at all, leading me to believe I am missing something *really* elementary. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA,

Jakub Steiner
2003-06-30 10:47:51 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Bezier Curves in 1.3.16

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 19:28, Jeff Trefftzs wrote:

Greetings, fellow gimpers -

It appears that the bezier curve tool usage has changed between 1.2.x and 1.3. In 1.2 I could close the curve, click inside the closed curve, and then proceed to edit the points, adjusting the curve to fit whatever object I was trying to define. In 1.3 I seem unable to close the curve at all, leading me to believe I am missing something *really* elementary. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi there,

I'm pointing you to the direction of Dr. Path Tool (aka Simon Budig), where you can express your deepest sympathies to the man who boldly went where everyone else failed. ;)

Yes, you are right about the path tool being rewritten. It is currently not possible to close a path, it's work in progress.

cheers

Sven Neumann
2003-06-30 14:17:52 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Bezier Curves in 1.3.16

Hi,

Jeff Trefftzs writes:

It appears that the bezier curve tool usage has changed between 1.2.x and 1.3.

Yes, the path tool is being completely rewritten.

In 1.2 I could close the curve, click inside the closed curve, and then proceed to edit the points, adjusting the curve to fit whatever object I was trying to define. In 1.3 I seem unable to close the curve at all, leading me to believe I am missing something *really* elementary. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You will have to wait until this feature has been implemented in the new tool. It's simply not there yet.

Sven

Jeff Trefftzs
2003-06-30 21:50:20 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Bezier Curves in 1.3.16

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 05:17, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Jeff Trefftzs writes:

It appears that the bezier curve tool usage has changed between 1.2.x and 1.3.

Yes, the path tool is being completely rewritten.

In 1.2 I could close the curve, click inside the closed curve, and then proceed to edit the points, adjusting the curve to fit whatever object I was trying to define. In 1.3 I seem unable to close the curve at all, leading me to believe I am missing something *really* elementary. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You will have to wait until this feature has been implemented in the new tool. It's simply not there yet.

Ahhh! No wonder. Thanks for the news. The more I use the newest Gimp, the more I find myself liking it, even though it does take a bit of getting used to ...

Regards,