RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

maintain anit-aliasing with a fill

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

maintain anit-aliasing with a fill Judy Wilson 07 Jun 19:01
16427.68.13.23.72.105500620... 07 Oct 20:15
  maintain anit-aliasing with a fill Judy Wilson 08 Jun 01:40
Judy Wilson
2003-06-07 19:01:42 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

I need to be able to take text with anti-aliasing and fill it with a pattern or a gradient or an image, this is for the web. I can't figure out how to use either layer masks or what in order to maintain different transparencies in the text that is anti-aliased. I have stuggled with this a while, have looked on the web, and in Bunks book, and I can´t figure it out. Can someone steer me in the right direction, or give me some simple instructions?

Thanks in advance,

Judy

Judy Wilson
2003-06-08 01:40:53 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

It worked great first time! Thank you sooo much. I'll use this a million times!

* Eric Pierce [030607 12:29]:

I'd do it with a mask.

Try this. 1. Render the text in black on a white background (same layer) 2. Invert the image (so the text is white and background black) 3. Make a new transparent layer
4. Right click on the transparent layer in the layer dialog box, and select "add layer mask" - Hit OK (the default is fine) 5. Now return to the layer w/text and select all and copy. 6. Next, select the layer mask in the layer dialog box, not the transparent image, the mask (to the right of the image) 7. Now paste what you copied in step 5 and anchor the image. The should paste the image (w/text) into the mask. 8. Now turn off the bottom layer (the one w/text) in the layer dialog box (the eye-ball) so it doesn't show.
9. Lastly, select the transparent image in the layer dialog box (just left of the mask) and fill it whatever pattern/color you so desire.

Hope that works. Let me know if it didn't. Eric Pierce

I need to be able to take text with anti-aliasing and fill it with a pattern or a gradient or an image, this is for the web. I can't figure out how to use either layer masks or what in order to maintain different transparencies in the text that is anti-aliased. I have stuggled with this a while, have looked on the web, and in Bunks book, and I can´t figure it out. Can someone steer me in the right direction, or give me some simple instructions?

Thanks in advance,

Judy

-- Judy Wilson, PO Box 98, Corozal Town, Belize _/*]; judy@corozal.com www.corozal.bz/jwdesigns/ | |:' If the eye is a window to the soul, then a tear is | /' what gives the soul the possibility of a rainbow. |_/ _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user