RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Automatic preview

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Automatic preview Vittorio 27 May 15:15
  Automatic preview Sven Neumann 27 May 13:43
   Automatic preview Vittorio 28 May 11:25
    Automatic preview Sven Neumann 28 May 12:18
  Automatic preview Alex 27 May 15:50
Sven Neumann
2003-05-27 13:43:43 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Automatic preview

Hi,

Vittorio writes:

I use the Gimp to view and print (a lof of) pictures taken with my digicam.

What I personally find somewhat time-consuming is the first time preview of the pictures while in the "Open file" menu. It is apparent that the Gimp has to execute some slow procedure which also records the small preview picture somewhere.

Is there anyway to produce all the preview picture in a bulk(, even before loading the Gimp)?

I'm not aware of a script that creates the previews (although it should be trivial to write one) but you can select all files in the GIMP file selector and generate the previews in one go.

Sven

Vittorio
2003-05-27 15:15:26 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Automatic preview

What I personally find somewhat time-consuming is the first time preview of the pictures while in the "Open file" menu. It is apparent that the Gimp has to execute some slow procedure which also records the small preview picture somewhere.

Is there anyway to produce all the preview picture in a bulk(, even before loading the Gimp)?

I mean, for instance, any (existing) perl procedure?

Ciao Vittorio

Alex
2003-05-27 15:50:23 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Automatic preview

Hi!
--- Vittorio wrote:

Is there anyway to produce all the preview picture in a bulk(, even
before loading the Gimp)?

I mean, for instance, any (existing) perl procedure?

You can use Guash plugin, so it will make previews for a whole directory at once.

Alex

===== // Only the fireborn understand blue

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com
Vittorio
2003-05-28 11:25:41 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Automatic preview

Sven Neumann [gimp-user] :

Hi,

Vittorio writes:

I'm not aware of a script that creates the previews (although it should be trivial to write one) but you can select all files in the GIMP file selector and generate the previews in one go.

Sven

I had a go at it but unfortunately the gimp (1.2.3 under linux) executes the preview for half the pictures, that is every other picture. I mean that having pics p1010001.jpg, p1010002,..p1010081.jpg the gimp is showing the preview for

p1010001.jpg p1010003.jpg
p1010079.jpg
p1010081.jpg

neglecting the even numbered pics..... (??????)

Thanks Vittorio

Sven Neumann
2003-05-28 12:18:40 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Automatic preview

Hi,

Vittorio writes:

I had a go at it but unfortunately the gimp (1.2.3 under linux) executes the preview for half the pictures, that is every other picture. I mean that having pics p1010001.jpg, p1010002,..p1010081.jpg the gimp is showing the preview for

p1010001.jpg p1010003.jpg
p1010079.jpg
p1010081.jpg

neglecting the even numbered pics..... (??????)

That's a known bug that is fixed in version 1.2.4.

Sven