RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Auto correct

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Auto correct Mike 26 May 16:13
  Auto correct Sven Neumann 26 May 17:53
   Auto correct Carol Spears 26 May 23:33
Auto correct Tom Williams 26 May 17:45
Mike
2003-05-26 16:13:05 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Auto correct

When I used to use PS 5 they had a feature under "Image" called "Auto Correct". I used to use that as a start for working with old and washed out pictures. Being new to Gimp I haven't found this feature yet. Is this option an open one or do I just have to wish for it?

Mike Wheelock

Tom Williams
2003-05-26 17:45:44 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Auto correct

Mike wrote:

When I used to use PS 5 they had a feature under "Image" called "Auto Correct". I used to use that as a start for working with old and washed out pictures. Being new to Gimp I haven't found this feature yet. Is this option an open one or do I just have to wish for it?

Mike Wheelock

Try right-clicking on the image, then "Image/Colors/Levels" then the "Auto" button. This is with gimp 1.2.

Peace...

Tom

Sven Neumann
2003-05-26 17:53:40 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Auto correct

Hi,

"Mike" writes:

There are a couple of automatic color correction functions in Image->Colors->Auto that you might find useful. I'd suggest to use the Levels tool however. It has a button that does Automatic color correction but also allows to do some manual fine-tuning.

Sven

Carol Spears
2003-05-26 23:33:55 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Auto correct

On 2003-05-26 at 1753.40 +0200, Sven Neumann typed this:

Hi,

"Mike" writes:

There are a couple of automatic color correction functions in Image->Colors->Auto that you might find useful. I'd suggest to use the Levels tool however. It has a button that does Automatic color correction but also allows to do some manual fine-tuning.

i started working with the levels dialog right after i read or heard that the levels needed to go from end to end in that dialog.

it is quite impressive what you can do with the levels dialog.

gimp-1.3 has these nifty colorpickers that help to adjust for what you think should be black and what you think should be white. so far, i have not been able to determine what is a good gray (the center dropper).

anyways, i highly suggest playing with this dialog on any photo. seeing it will be better than reading about it.

carol