RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Plug-in programming help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Plug-in programming help kenny.law@net-tribe.com 22 May 07:51
  Plug-in programming help Sven Neumann 22 May 13:51
kenny.law@net-tribe.com
2003-05-22 07:51:27 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Plug-in programming help

Hi,

I am just new to programming plugins for Gimp.

I've been surfing around trying to get information on the web, but most information is outdated or too messy.

I am trying to understand the sourcecodes for plugins that came with the gimp package(the C plugins).

Thing is, I have no idea where the gimp library is and descriptions on its use. I would also like to find a function that deals with mouse events, and most I've seen is something called Gimp Drawing Kit(GDK), but I have no idea where to get it or how to use it.

Hope that someone can point me to some links. gimp.org is not that helpful at all.

Thanks in advance

Kenny

Sven Neumann
2003-05-22 13:51:51 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Plug-in programming help

Hi,

kenny.law@net-tribe.com writes:

I am just new to programming plugins for Gimp.

I've been surfing around trying to get information on the web, but most information is outdated or too messy.

I am trying to understand the sourcecodes for plugins that came with the gimp package(the C plugins).

Thing is, I have no idea where the gimp library is and descriptions on its use. I would also like to find a function that deals with mouse events, and most I've seen is something called Gimp Drawing Kit(GDK), but I have no idea where to get it or how to use it.

Hope that someone can point me to some links. gimp.org is not that helpful at all.

Try developer.gimp.org and check the API reference that comes with the GIMP source in directory devel-docs. The 1.3 version of these docs is available online: http://developer.gimp.org/api/1.3/

Sven