RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 1.3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 1.3 BandiPat 21 May 15:51
  Gimp 1.3 Sven Neumann 21 May 16:07
Gimp 1.3 Tom Williams 21 May 17:16
BandiPat
2003-05-21 15:51:13 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Gimp 1.3

begin text

Well, I must say I really like the new look of Gimp working in Gnome2. I just compiled the almost latest 1.3.14 last evening and am liking the work you guys are doing very much! It just looks and feels more intuitive to use now. The layout feels better too. Of course, there are many things with it, I don't know how to use yet or if they are just not there.

Things like Acquire>from scanner, changing the typeface for the text and few other things. I have not had a chance to play with it much. I believe there is some type of CMYK separation either in this version or 1.3.15? Printing wasn't working well for me either as I just got blank paper from the printer.

All in all some nice new changes and additions, but it looks like the real work still needs to be done with the 1.2.x version for now. ;o)

Patrick

Sven Neumann
2003-05-21 16:07:25 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Gimp 1.3

Hi,

BandiPat writes:

Well, I must say I really like the new look of Gimp working in Gnome2. I just compiled the almost latest 1.3.14 last evening and am liking the work you guys are doing very much! It just looks and feels more intuitive to use now. The layout feels better too. Of course, there are many things with it, I don't know how to use yet or if they are just not there.

Things like Acquire>from scanner, changing the typeface for the text and few other things.

Acquire from scanner was never provided by GIMP itself. You need to persuade the XSane plug-in author to update his plug-in for 1.3. I heard that xscanimage (comes with SANE) already supports GIMP-1.3.

Changing the typeface of text is of course supported although the text tool is not yet finished and has some loose ends. Did you look at the tool options?

I believe there is some type of CMYK separation either in this version or 1.3.15?

Not more or less than in 1.2. There is the Decompose plug-in and it hasn't been changed for a while. Well, we added some new modes that might be interesting for video freaks but there were no changes on the CMYK side.

Printing wasn't working well for me either as I just got blank paper from the printer.

Might be a gimp-print bug or one on our side. Printing works for me though. If it doesn't work for you, please check if the problem has been already been reported to gimp-print.sourceforge.net.

All in all some nice new changes and additions, but it looks like the real work still needs to be done with the 1.2.x version for now.

I might be a little biased but I think that the 1.3 version is pretty far already and I would under no circumstances want to use 1.2 any longer.

Sven

Tom Williams
2003-05-21 17:16:11 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Gimp 1.3

BandiPat wrote:

begin text

Well, I must say I really like the new look of Gimp working in Gnome2.

I've played with gimp-1.3.11 and 1.3.12 and I was also VERY impressed with the "snazzy" new look and feel....

I'm eagerly anticipating the 1.4 release of Gimp! :)

Peace....

Tom