RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

making a new brush

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

making a new brush Fay 07 Feb 15:09
Fay
2003-02-07 15:09:37 UTC (about 21 years ago)

making a new brush

I have the big pdf Gimp User's Manual. I carefully followed the instructions to make a new brush. On reloading, I get two messages.
One says that the brush can't be loaded. The other says that the brush is in an unknown format. Perhaps I misunderstood the line that says, "Move xxx.gbr to your.gimp/brushes directory".
I did this manually, as Gimp doesn't offer me a path to a brushes directory. I put the new brush in the same directory as the real brushes.

I wonder if perhaps my setup isn't right. Inside Gimp I have four subdirectories called "bin," "etc", "lib", and "share".
I had to drill down to find the brushes directory inside "share". Share also contains a subdirectory with my name on it, and which contains further subdirectories, all empty, with the same names as the ones in share, plus a few extras.
I tried dragging the new brush into the brushes directory there, but I got the same error message.
Please, what am I doing wrong? I'm flummoxed!