RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

text that follows a path

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

text that follows a path Rory Grant 12 Dec 04:21
text that follows a path Walker, Sam 12 Dec 18:57
  text that follows a path Rory Grant 12 Dec 23:15
roryg@free.net.nz 07 Oct 20:15
  text that follows a path Jeff Trefftzs 12 Dec 20:14
   text that follows a path Rory Grant 12 Dec 21:38
Rory Grant
2002-12-12 04:21:54 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text that follows a path

How can I make a string of text follow a path? Is there a plugin to do this, or can I use some render filter or what?

Basically I've got a string of text & I want it to follow a wiggly line. The closest I've seen is the text-circle plugin

Cheers,

RoryG

Walker, Sam
2002-12-12 18:57:20 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text that follows a path

You might try the curve bend plugin. ->Filters->Distorts->CurveBend
It works on any type of image, so you'd have to create an image with the text then "bend" it to the path you want.

Hope this helps, Sam

-----Original Message----- From: Rory Grant [mailto:roryg@free.net.nz] Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 9:22 PM To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] text that follows a path

How can I make a string of text follow a path? Is there a plugin to do this, or can I use some render filter or what?

Basically I've got a string of text & I want it to follow a wiggly line. The closest I've seen is the text-circle plugin

Cheers,

RoryG

Jeff Trefftzs
2002-12-12 20:14:17 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text that follows a path

Hi Rory -

There is a text along path script (actually, there are to of 'em). Unfortunately, I don't remember just where I got them, so they are included here as two attachments. Just drop them into your .gimp-1.2/scripts directory and take it from there. Better read them first, though, to find out the instructions.

Rory Grant
2002-12-12 21:38:32 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text that follows a path

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 08:14, Jeff Trefftzs wrote: Hi Rory -

There is a text along path script (actually, there are to of 'em). Unfortunately, I don't remember just where I got them, so they are included here as two attachments. Just drop them into your .gimp-1.2/scripts directory and take it from there. Better read them first, though, to find out the instructions.

Thanks Jeff, just what I was after

Rory Grant
2002-12-12 23:15:07 UTC (over 21 years ago)

text that follows a path

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 06:57, Walker, Sam wrote: You might try the curve bend plugin. ->Filters->Distorts->CurveBend
It works on any type of image, so you'd have to create an image with the text then "bend" it to the path you want.
I've used this in the past. It does OK, but it shers the image to bend it, therefore you cannot bend you letters anywhere near 90 degrees & maintain readability

Thanks though,

RoryG