RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Getting Rid of the Gray

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Getting rid of the gray. John Culleton 17 Aug 18:44
  Getting rid of the gray. Carol Spears 17 Aug 20:03
Getting Rid of the Gray Shawn Lindsay 18 Aug 06:53
20020817190105.6121A1F072@l... 07 Oct 20:15
John Culleton
2002-08-17 18:44:29 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Getting rid of the gray.

No, I am not talking about my hair! I have some grayscale images that are taken from a book. I want to get rid of the gray and keep just the black images (the printing.) I have in the past selected a color and gotten rid of it, but how do I select a gray tone and get rid of it?

TFAH

John Culleton

Carol Spears
2002-08-17 20:03:38 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Getting rid of the gray.

right! gray hairs are earned. why would anyone want to get rid of them.

here is a tutorial that might be helpful: http://www.gnome.org/~drc/tuto/AntiAliasedThreshold/

carol

On 2002-08-17 at 1244.29 -0400, John Culleton typed this:

No, I am not talking about my hair! I have some grayscale images that are taken from a book. I want to get rid of the gray and keep just the black images (the printing.) I have in the past selected a color and gotten rid of it, but how do I select a gray tone and get rid of it?

TFAH

John Culleton

Shawn Lindsay
2002-08-18 06:53:39 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Getting Rid of the Gray

I would just do the same as with a color image, that is, Filters-->Colors-->Color to Alpha. Of course first you would need to convert the image to rbg. You can put white to alpha and any shade of gray, or use the color picker to select an exact value. Select by Color also works with grays, afaik.

Carol's pointer was worth a look.

Shawn Lindsay.