RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Button Text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Button Text <fleet@teachout.org> 14 Apr 21:25
<fleet@teachout.org>
2002-04-14 21:25:35 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

Button Text

I'm creating a "template" button for use on a web site and I'm having trouble with text color.

I create the button as follows: File, New, (some size), RGB, Transparent. Select foreground and background colors Select and create outside rectangle, fill with gradient. Select and create inside rectangle, fill with gradient (in opposite direction.)
Save.

Now if I select black foreground, text, select font; I can add a label that is black.

However. If I quit Gimp, then want to create another label, I can not for the life of me get the text to be black using the retrieved template. It assumes the foreground color of the template no matter what I do.

How can I open the saved template and make the text color what I want.

My work around to date is to not exit Gimp. I create the first label, save the result as button1.gif, back out using "undo", create the next label, etc. until I have the desired number of buttons. I'm SOL if I later want to create an additional button.

help?

- fleet -