RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Notification when opening non-sRGB color profile

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Notification when opening non-sRGB color profile flberger 08 Dec 22:19
2021-12-08 22:19:13 UTC (over 2 years ago)
postings

Notification when opening non-sRGB color profile

Hey GIMP users,

I just had to deal with a JPEG file that seemingly behaved strangely in different applications, showing weird color shifts in some. With exiftool, I found out that it was an CMYK image, using ICC Profile "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2". Apparently GIMP (v2.10.28) converted this to sRGB for display, while other programs didn't. Within GIMP, the color space used is displayed as "sRGB" after opening.

My question is: can I make GIMP notify me when it does such a conversion upon opening? I tried to set "File Open Behaviour: Ask what to do" in the color management preferences, but that does not have to seem that effect, as GIMP does neither ask nor apparently notify me about the conversion. Basically, I am looking for a way to learn about "you just opened a CMYK image, which has been converted to sRGB for you", so it does not slip by me that I am handling such a file.

Is there any way to achieve this within GIMP?

Thanks,

Florian