RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fixed size rectangle

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fixed size rectangle Mattyshens 26 Dec 10:12
  Fixed size rectangle Mattyshens 26 Dec 10:29
2020-12-26 10:12:03 UTC (over 3 years ago)
postings

Fixed size rectangle

Hi
I can see how to specify the dimensions of a fixed-size rectangle. What I cannot understand is how I then 'create' that fixed-size rectangle. Having set the width and height, my expectation is to then click on the image I only want a section of at what I anticipate would be the top left-hand corner of the fixed-size rectangle and I should see the specified area defined. However, having set the dimensions, when I click on the image I only want a section of, all that happens is the select tool populates the 'Position' fields on the tool options. What am I missing?
Thanks

2020-12-26 10:29:13 UTC (over 3 years ago)
postings

Fixed size rectangle

Answering my own question here but I have managed to work it out. The 'Size' format is pixels - it cannot be in any other format. Unless the size specified is 'doable' within the confines of the original image then nothing happens. It is a pity that Gimp doesn't let you change the format of the size to inches, cms or mms as it does in all other areas of the programme - or maybe I am missing something again