RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Exporting as PDF looses the layout?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Exporting as PDF looses the layout? PMan22 29 Apr 14:53
2020-04-29 14:53:08 UTC (almost 4 years ago)
postings

Exporting as PDF looses the layout?

Hi everyone,

I'm running GIMP 2.10.18. I've spent a long time making individual pages for a recipe book for charity and now that I've come to export them as PDFs for print the PDFs are not coming out with the layout. The main design I have on most pages is a curve shape drawn with path tool, filled in white, and in a layer group with a photo so that the photo (on multiply) fits inside the curve shape. However, when I go to export the curve disappears and the photo is in its original rectangular shape taking up half the page. It also shows ALL of the layers, even hidden ones - I have crossed omit hidden layers but for some reason it puts them all into the PDF anyway. And finally, it also gives black outlines to all of my shapes (boxes and bars) instead of just being flat.

The main problem is the photos in the curve though so if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. I'm pretty much a graphic design novice I just enjoy doing these things and am doing it voluntarily for the charity to raise funds for them, but equally I would like it to be good! I'm sure its probably something simple that I just don't know about yet. Thank you so much in advance!

PMan22 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)