RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Background Layer Color

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Background Layer Color Maestro 15 Apr 23:26
  Background Layer Color rich404 16 Apr 08:05
   opening and creating WMF files with GIMP 2.10.18 Jean-Yves VAUTRIN 16 Apr 12:47
    opening and creating WMF files with GIMP 2.10.18 Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list 16 Apr 14:22
     opening and creating WMF files with GIMP 2.10.18 Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list 16 Apr 14:29
     opening and creating WMF files with GIMP 2.10.18 Jernej Simončič 16 Apr 14:33
   Background Layer Color Maestro 16 Apr 13:29
   Background Layer Color Maestro 16 Apr 13:42
    Background Layer Color rich404 16 Apr 17:14
     Background Layer Color Maestro 16 Apr 22:59
2020-04-15 23:26:05 UTC (about 4 years ago)
postings

Background Layer Color

I just created a graphic, and made the background transparent...or so I thought. But, when I export this as a .jpg file, the background is some kind of maroon or brick color. I cannot figure out how I did that, and it's something I certainly don't want. How do I fix it? Many thanks!

Attachments: * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1399/original/EEC_Music_Ministry_Making_the_Pitch.xcf * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1400/original/EEC_Music_Ministry_Making_the_Pitch.jpg

Maestro (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
rich404
2020-04-16 08:05:52 UTC (about 4 years ago)

Background Layer Color

I just created a graphic, and made the background transparent...or so I thought. But, when I export this as a .jpg file, the background is some kind of maroon or brick color. I cannot figure out how I did that, and it's something I certainly don't want. How do I fix it? Many thanks!

The jpeg format does not support transparency. Export your image as a png.

Why the maroon colour? When you export to a jpeg any transparency is replaced by the Gimp current BackGround value (BG) Usually the user will set that as white, but can be some other colour.

see the screenshot:

How to fix it. Start again. Always Save as a Gimp xcf until a final export to png/jpg/tiff etc.

Attachments: * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1401/original/background.jpg

rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Jean-Yves VAUTRIN
2020-04-16 12:47:02 UTC (about 4 years ago)

opening and creating WMF files with GIMP 2.10.18

Hi,

I have erased  all looking like GIMP on my hard disk, even C:\Users\PC-JY\AppData before installing 2.10.18

When I try to open a wmf file, I have as response the file attached.

I can't also exporting a picture as wmf file.

If someone has a response,

Thank you,

JY

2020-04-16 13:29:12 UTC (about 4 years ago)
postings

Background Layer Color

Thank you so much for your response and help. Perfect answers! Much appreciated.

2020-04-16 13:42:17 UTC (about 4 years ago)
postings

Background Layer Color

One more thing, if I may...

How do I change that background colour from maroon to white. The bucket tool isn't doing it.

Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list
2020-04-16 14:22:58 UTC (about 4 years ago)

чт, 16 апр. 2020 г., 15:54 Jean-Yves VAUTRIN wrote:

Hi,

I have erased all looking like GIMP on my hard disk, even C:\Users\PC-JY\AppData before installing 2.10.18

It's not supported. WMF is primarily a vector graphics file format. GIMP neither imports nor exports it.

Alex

Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list
2020-04-16 14:29:43 UTC (about 4 years ago)

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 5:22 PM Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

чт, 16 апр. 2020 г., 15:54 Jean-Yves VAUTRIN wrote:

Hi,

I have erased all looking like GIMP on my hard disk, even C:\Users\PC-JY\AppData before installing 2.10.18

It's not supported. WMF is primarily a vector graphics file format. GIMP neither imports nor exports it.

Ah, I stand corrected. Apparently, I never bothered to build it with libwmf. Sorry about the confusion!

Alex

Jernej Simončič
2020-04-16 14:33:50 UTC (about 4 years ago)

On Thursday, April 16, 2020, 16:22:58, Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list wrote:

WFM import should be supported, but I just tested this on Windows, and the plugin crashes on the files I have.

< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

A military disaster may produce a better postwar situation than victory.
       -- White Flag Principle
rich404
2020-04-16 17:14:33 UTC (about 4 years ago)

Background Layer Color

One more thing, if I may...

How do I change that background colour from maroon to white. The bucket tool isn't doing it.

You do not need to fill anything. You have done everything right.

Your Gimp xcf file keeps everything separate in layers.

Just export that as a png file for a flattened image with transparency.

If you want a jpeg file with a white background, set the Gimp BG colour in the tools dock to white.

Then export the image as a jpeg.

This might / might-not help. A minute and a half video demo of the above https://youtu.be/bGaOxdsAbHI

rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
2020-04-16 22:59:05 UTC (about 4 years ago)
postings

Background Layer Color

Again, my thanks to you, rich404. Got everything fixed, and I also learned something new. Much appreciated!