RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp's workplace layout request

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp's workplace layout request Ivan Jekic via gimp-user-list 25 Feb 21:06
Ivan Jekic via gimp-user-list
2020-02-25 21:06:17 UTC (about 4 years ago)

Gimp's workplace layout request

Hello everyone,

Here's my workplace that I pretty much made and now "inherited" from my Photoshop days.

I'm a professional photographer working for Gettyimages & iStockphoto.

I use two monitor setup. The entire first monitor is reserved for one image only with only toolbox being visible. Toolbox by itself has all kind of controls and tools are NOT grouped (sorry guys).

The 2nd monitor has all kind of controls. However, the absolute crucial controls for me are:

1. Histogram 2. Layers / Channels / Paths
3. Undo history
4. Pointer tool for CMYK values / Pallete

This setup is efficient for my workflow, leaving the entire screen for one image only, big zooming without clutter. With full screen mode and toolbox removed I basically have a single image on 99.99% of screen. I use combination of white and dark background that I can switch back and forth with two keys.

The 2nd monitor has about 50% of space utilized for Gimp. It's more than enough, leaving space for other programs to be visible.

That'd be all. Hope I helped a bit.

All I know this will be my workspace for years to come, don't plan to change anything as I got used to it a lot. Been using this kind of layout since 2012. in PS and now Gimp.