RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

eraser suddenly stopped working

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

eraser suddenly stopped working BigZig 27 Dec 14:07
  eraser suddenly stopped working rich404 27 Dec 17:58
   eraser suddenly stopped working BigZig 27 Dec 18:57
2019-12-27 14:07:56 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

hello....have been using GIMP for nearly a year, have had no real problems until about 2 weeks ago.
the eraser tool has suddenly become non-functioning. ALL other buttons and features work fine. i haven't made ANY changes to workflow, etc. I have turned the computer off and back on again. I have installed the latest version of GIMP. still no eraser.
any thoughts?

thank you,
bigzig

BigZig (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
rich404
2019-12-27 17:58:01 UTC (over 4 years ago)

hello....have been using GIMP for nearly a year, have had no real problems until
about 2 weeks ago.
the eraser tool has suddenly become non-functioning. ALL other buttons and
features work fine. i haven't made ANY changes to workflow, etc. I have turned the computer off and back on again. I have installed the latest version of GIMP. still no eraser.
any thoughts?

thank you,
bigzig

First thing to check is that you are not using an empty clipboard brush as screenshot

If you are using a regular brush, then check size - so small as to be un-noticeable Then Opacity not zero etc........

By default Gimp keeps your previous settings which you might have forgotten about.

Have you reset the tool options? Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options -> Reset Tool Options to Default Values

Then a Gimp restart sets everything back to standard.

Attachments: * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1326/original/eraser.jpg

rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
2019-12-27 18:57:24 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

YES!!!! OPACITY!!!!!! somehow i set it to ZERO (probably while trying to type in a brush size!!)
thank you SO VERY MUCH.
whew.....
bigzig

First thing to check is that you are not using an empty clipboard brush as
screenshot

If you are using a regular brush, then check size - so small as to be un-noticeable Then Opacity not zero etc........

By default Gimp keeps your previous settings which you might have forgotten
about.

Have you reset the tool options? Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options -> Reset
Tool Options to Default Values

Then a Gimp restart sets everything back to standard.

Attachments: *
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1326/original/eraser.jpg

BigZig (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)