RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Clone Tool Stuck on "Set a source image first"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Clone Tool Stuck on "Set a source image first" Melvis 02 Oct 00:48
  Clone Tool Stuck on "Set a source image first" Gary Aitken 02 Oct 03:54
   Clone Tool Stuck on "Set a source image first" Melvis 03 Oct 15:25
2019-10-02 00:48:36 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I'm using GIMP 2.10.8 on Windows 10...

The clone tool doesn't seem to work. With my image open and the clone tool selected, the message directly under the image window reads "CTRL-click to set a new clone source". When I do so, the message changes to "Set a source image first" and I can go no further. The clone tool window on the bottom left side has "image" selected under "Source".

How do I get past this?

- Thanks!

Melvis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Gary Aitken
2019-10-02 03:54:30 UTC (over 4 years ago)

On 10/1/19 6:48 PM, Melvis wrote:

The clone tool doesn't seem to work. With my image open and the clone tool selected, the message directly under the image window reads "CTRL-click to set a new clone source". When I do so, the message changes to "Set a source image first" and I can go no further. The clone tool window on the bottom left side has "image" selected under "Source".

How do I get past this?

I think you are still holding the ctrl key down. Once you set the starting source using ctrl-click, let up on the ctrl key. The message should change to "Click to clone (try Shift for a straight line, Ctrl to set a new clone source". Move the mouse to where you want to clone and click, then drag with the button down to clone an area.

Gary

2019-10-03 15:25:15 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

I think you are still holding the ctrl key down. Once you set the starting source using ctrl-click, let up on the ctrl key. The message should change to "Click to clone (try Shift for a straight line, Ctrl to set a new clone source". Move the mouse to where you want to clone and click, then drag with the button down to clone an area.

Gary

You were spot on - that's exactly what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the detailed reply!

Melvis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)