Sign up now! · Forgot password?
RSS/Atom feed Twitter

LOCK alpha

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

7 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

LOCK alpha Lordgil 29 Aug 19:01
  LOCK alpha Ofnuts 29 Aug 21:42
   LOCK alpha ̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ via gimp-user-list 30 Aug 00:06
    LOCK alpha Ofnuts 30 Aug 00:17
     CAHJUnC=tT5CVbXEX4c+LuoRF5Z... 30 Aug 14:35
      LOCK alpha Ofnuts 30 Aug 14:35
       LOCK alpha ̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ via gimp-user-list 30 Aug 19:03
        LOCK alpha Ofnuts 30 Aug 21:01
2019-08-29 19:01:35 UTC (about 1 month ago)
postings
1
contact
Send private message

LOCK alpha

I'am new
I am on windows 10 Gimp 2.10

I often very often use the eraser tool, and each time thpixel and alpha channel are locked
I don,t need this to do
I tried Edit / Preference toolbox reset to default save and this don't work
on a next restart I did it several times and nothing Is there another trick to avoid this lock alltime Thank You

Lordgil (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Ofnuts
2019-08-29 21:42:24 UTC (about 1 month ago)

LOCK alpha

On 8/29/19 9:01 PM, Lordgil wrote:

I'am new
I am on windows 10 Gimp 2.10

I often very often use the eraser tool, and each time thpixel and alpha channel are locked
I don,t need this to do
I tried Edit / Preference toolbox reset to default save and this don't work
on a next restart I did it several times and nothing Is there another trick to avoid this lock alltime Thank You

Locks (pixel, move and alpha) are a property of the image/layer. If you save an image with these locks set, next time you load the image the same layers will be locked. To reset them permanently, remove them and save the image.

̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ via gimp-user-list
2019-08-30 00:06:06 UTC (about 1 month ago)

LOCK alpha

Is there a hotkey for this layer lock? I only see a visibility icon checkbox and sometimes I have a problem selecting overlapping layers. Is there a method to "tab" thru layers at selected point?

Also any one know how to batch all colors using select by color. Ie FOR command with all HEX color codes to create a PAINT BY NUMBER plugin or perhaps lighting effect shader. Later can I improve with threshold tolerance to group colors or use a pallete and cycle thru colors for selected areas. This would be great in video games as alternative to pixel sprite mapping. IE every bitmap pixel color is a Sprite_gamestate withX overlapping images represented as unique colors.

On 8/29/19, Ofnuts wrote:

On 8/29/19 9:01 PM, Lordgil wrote:

I'am new
I am on windows 10 Gimp 2.10

I often very often use the eraser tool, and each time thpixel and alpha channel
are locked
I don,t need this to do
I tried Edit / Preference toolbox reset to default save and this
don't work
on a next restart I did it several times and nothing Is there another trick to avoid this lock alltime Thank You

Locks (pixel, move and alpha) are a property of the image/layer. If you save an image with these locks set, next time you load the image the same layers will be locked. To reset them permanently, remove them and save the image.

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Ofnuts
2019-08-30 00:17:47 UTC (about 1 month ago)

LOCK alpha

On 8/30/19 2:06 AM, ̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ wrote:

Is there a hotkey for this layer lock?

No but you can define one.

I only see a visibility icon checkbox and sometimes I have a problem selecting overlapping layers. Is there a method to "tab" thru layers at selected point?

PgUp/PgDn?

Also any one know how to batch all colors using select by color. Ie FOR command with all HEX color codes to create a PAINT BY NUMBER plugin or perhaps lighting effect shader. Later can I improve with threshold tolerance to group colors or use a pallete and cycle thru colors for selected areas. This would be great in video games as alternative to pixel sprite mapping. IE every bitmap pixel color is a Sprite_gamestate withX overlapping images represented as unique colors.

In a color-indexed image, this is just editing the colormap. You are restricted to 256 colors, but I don't think you would want to handle 24M color that way.

Ofnuts
2019-08-30 14:35:32 UTC (about 1 month ago)

LOCK alpha

On 8/30/19 2:28 AM, ̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ wrote:

- In a color-indexed image, this is just editing the colormap. You are restricted to 256 colors, but I don't think you would want to handle 24M color that way.

Yes if I use a color pallete do you know any references to Python or Perl? for plugins to manipulate color selections like replace color with white and text for color pallete index number. IE a paint by number script

No, but is is needed?

You can edit the color map (Windows>Dockable dialogs>Color map), and in the colormap dialog, you can select a color by number and change it to change the corresponding pixels. Looks a lot like your "paint by number"...

̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ via gimp-user-list
2019-08-30 19:03:55 UTC (about 1 month ago)

LOCK alpha

Is there a way to view the object/property or debug names of GUI objects in GIMP for use with scripting or customization(s)? I would like to know how to edit elements in the colormap dialog procedure-ally to make scripts like Art To Paint by Number; To Stain'd Glass; To lighting effect for shader This is more difficult because its not select by number but by pixel color glob contiguous group.

ofnuts* wrote: You can edit the color map (Windows>Dockable dialogs>Color map), and in the colormap dialog, you can select a color by number and change it to change the corresponding pixels. Looks a lot like your "paint by number"...

Ofnuts
2019-08-30 21:01:29 UTC (about 1 month ago)

LOCK alpha

On 8/30/19 9:03 PM, ̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ wrote:

Is there a way to view the object/property or debug names of GUI objects in GIMP for use with scripting or customization(s)? I would like to know how to edit elements in the colormap dialog procedure-ally to make scripts like Art To Paint by Number; To Stain'd Glass; To lighting effect for shader This is more difficult because its not select by number but by pixel color glob contiguous group.

See the gimp_image_{get|set}_colormap() functions in the API (Scheme or Python).

Scripts and plugins cannot interact with the Gimp UI directly.