RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp won't export

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp won't export idooley 05 Aug 19:27
  Gimp won't export rich404 06 Aug 13:23
   Gimp won't export idooley 09 Aug 02:28
2019-08-05 19:27:56 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

Gimp won't export

So I'm having trouble with exporting files. I've used gimp for years and it's never given me this problem. So when I go to export a file, it says it exports just fine, but after looking for it in the image file on my computer, it's not there. It seems to only exist within gimp itself, meaning I can open the file only using gimp, but the file hasn't actually exported. Is there any form of fix for this?

idooley (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
rich404
2019-08-06 13:23:24 UTC (over 4 years ago)

Gimp won't export

So I'm having trouble with exporting files. I've used gimp for years and it's
never given me this problem. So when I go to export a file, it says it exports
just fine, but after looking for it in the image file on my computer, it's not
there. It seems to only exist within gimp itself, meaning I can open the file
only using gimp, but the file hasn't actually exported. Is there any form of fix
for this?

That is a strange situation. Are you using the very latest Gimp 2.10.12 Windows installer. It handles image format dependencies in a different way which might have an effect on your installation, although it should not for export.

How are you opening these missing files? Using Open Files and Recently Used? Hover the mouse over the file name and it should show full path to the file.

Attachments: * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1237/original/location.jpg

rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
2019-08-09 02:28:49 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

Gimp won't export

That is a strange situation. Are you using the very latest Gimp 2.10.12 Windows
installer. It handles image format dependencies in a different way which might
have an effect on your installation, although it should not for export.

How are you opening these missing files? Using Open Files and Recently Used?
Hover the mouse over the file name and it should show full path to the file.

Attachments:
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1237/original/location.jpg

So more info on what's happening after I looked into it more. Apparently I can find the file from the quick access part of the files, on the actual computer, but no matter how many times i save it to a folder, it never actually appears there outside of GIMP, so technically it exports it, just never in the correct spot.

I do have the latest version as well.

idooley (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)