RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Magnetic Lasso Tool is messed up

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Magnetic Lasso Tool is messed up Gui 24 Jul 00:02
  Magnetic Lasso Tool is messed up rich404 24 Jul 08:15
   Magnetic Lasso Tool is messed up Gui 24 Jul 12:32
2019-07-24 00:02:08 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

GIMP's version of Photoshop's Magnetic Lasso tool is not working correctly for me. I select what i want, press the "cut" button under "edit", and when I go to paste it where I want, it shows up in black and white, instead of with the correct colors.

Please help, its urgent. Thank you

rich404
2019-07-24 08:15:27 UTC (over 4 years ago)

GIMP's version of Photoshop's Magnetic Lasso tool is not working correctly for me.
I select what i want, press the "cut" button under "edit", and when I go to paste it where I want, it shows up in black and white, instead of with the correct colors.

Please help, its urgent. Thank you

No good posting on this forum if you need quick response. Try one of the others.

However, are you pasting into a grayscale or indexed image? Have a look at the top of the main Gimp window, it will tell you there.

The clip properties match the destination color format.

Change the color mode of the destination use, Image -> Mode -> RGB ***before*** pasting in the clip.

2019-07-24 12:32:34 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

you were right, it worked perfectly after I did what you told me to. thank you so much