RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Text as watermark looks unsharp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Text as watermark looks unsharp chrisj 11 May 23:13
  Text as watermark looks unsharp rich404 12 May 11:25
2019-05-11 23:13:42 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

The text I've created in GIMP, with transparent background, (222 x 32) added as a watermark.png to a web video php script, displays ok on the uploaded video, overlayed as a watermark, on the smaller screen (textScreen1.png - attached example), but still not really sharp looking, and definitely unsharp/jagged when full screen is selected (textScreen2.png -attached example).

How can this be improved?

I look forward to any assistance.

rich404
2019-05-12 11:25:15 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

The text I've created in GIMP, with transparent background, (222 x 32) added as a watermark.png to a web video php script, displays ok on the uploaded video, overlayed as a watermark, on the smaller screen (textScreen1.png - attached example), but still not really sharp looking, and definitely unsharp/jagged when full screen is selected (textScreen2.png -attached example).

How can this be improved?

I look forward to any assistance.

Large is very pixellated, seems to have lost most of the anti-aliasing. Presumably since the large image is 300% of the small video, the logo is a scaled up overlay. Probably some sort of alpha-compositing issue. You should really be asking the web-video site what the problem is.

Will the site accept a SVG? A web based video player/editor might do that (or might not). If they do, make one using Inkscape.

Or, if you have the video and the logo, embed it yourself. Then it gets scaled same as the video (not great)

Plenty simple, free, video editors will embed a png. Avidemux for example.