RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.10 error opening XCF

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.10 error opening XCF connorhawke 08 May 18:16
  Gimp 2.10 error opening XCF connorhawke 08 May 19:04
2019-05-08 18:16:56 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

After updating to Gimp 2.10, I get the following error when opening some XCF files: "GIMP Message: Warning, invalid image parasite in XCF file: ICC profile validation failed: Parasites's flags are not (PERSISTENT | UNDOABLE)".

Additionally, on these files it seems the ability to perform many simple tasks is disabled, such as moving a layer or changing font.

Overall Gimp 2.10 seems like a massive improvement but I need to be able to work on these files. Any help please?

2019-05-08 19:04:06 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

After updating to Gimp 2.10, I get the following error when opening some XCF files: "GIMP Message: Warning, invalid image parasite in XCF file: ICC profile validation failed: Parasites's flags are not (PERSISTENT | UNDOABLE)".

Additionally, on these files it seems the ability to perform many simple tasks is disabled, such as moving a layer or changing font.

Overall Gimp 2.10 seems like a massive improvement but I need to be able to work on these files. Any help please?

Disregard the last 2 paragraphs above as I found that these were due to an incorrect setting and bugs probably unrelated to the error message. But while I'm on that subject, some text in existing XCFs don't seem to want to be reformatted; font, etc keeps reverting. As a workaround new text needs to be created.