RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp heal selection tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp heal selection tool Gimp_Noob 05 May 23:04
  Gimp heal selection tool rich404 06 May 10:11
   Gimp heal selection tool Gimp_Noob 10 Jun 23:08
2019-05-05 23:04:15 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Gimp heal selection tool

I am trying to use the heal selection tool to eliminate text from a graphic. Unfortunately, the credits at the bottom of the tombstone are too close together. There are not enough pixels available to achieve a nice result. I've tried using the "heal selection" tool around each individual word. The end result is very poor.

Are there other methods that I could use to achieve the desired result. I've tried cloning, healing, dodging and burning. The results aren't that much better.

Thanks

rich404
2019-05-06 10:11:23 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

Gimp heal selection tool

I am trying to use the heal selection tool to eliminate text from a graphic. Unfortunately, the credits at the bottom of the tombstone are too close together. There are not enough pixels available to achieve a nice result. I've tried using the "heal selection" tool around each individual word. The end result is very poor.

Are there other methods that I could use to achieve the desired result. I've tried cloning, healing, dodging and burning. The results aren't that much better.

Thanks

I do not think there is much choice. I prefer a plain clone tool + fuzzy brush and a bit of artistic license. A little bit of smudge tool sometimes helps. A couple of minutes of work for screenshot.

2019-06-10 23:08:13 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Gimp heal selection tool

I do not think there is much choice. I prefer a plain clone tool + fuzzy brush and a bit of artistic license. A little bit of smudge tool sometimes helps. A couple of minutes of work for screenshot.

Thanks. I figured that I did not have much of a choice.