RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 91, Issue 7

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.25.1556625617.8088.... 30 Apr 14:31
  gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 91, Issue 7 Jean Pierre Guaron via gimp-user-list 30 Apr 14:30
   gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 91, Issue 7 jeanpierre 01 May 04:44
Jean Pierre Guaron via gimp-user-list
2019-04-30 14:30:45 UTC (almost 5 years ago)

I can get GIMP 2.10.10 to download and "open" on my screen - but it doesn't open in applications, and I can't find a way to get it to open in applications, so when I close it, it vanishes. All I am left with is dmg file, which I cna use to download it all over again..

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 8:00 PM wrote:

Send gimp-user-list mailing list submissions to gimp-user-list@gnome.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to gimp-user-list-request@gnome.org

You can reach the person managing the list at gimp-user-list-owner@gnome.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of gimp-user-list digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. Re: Gimp 2 - hexa colour bug on Windows ? (Pierre L.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1 Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 10:36:31 +0200 From: "Pierre L."
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2 - hexa colour bug on Windows ? Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

I've tried with both colour pickers, and turned off colour management in the options.

There are 2 differents results with the 2 pickers :x

With the picker inside the colour chooser popup : After turning off the colour management, the needed #808080 becomes a #818181 (no colour management), it was #7f7f7f before (with colour management)

If I use the picker from the toolbar, it's ok, #808080 is #808080. I don't understand why there's a difference between those 2 pickers :/

---> I'm curious, and made another test.
In parallel, I'm using Affinity Photo+Designer, and created / exported some grey+red pixels, then imported into Gimp. Results are not always the same. A really little difference, as before. Do have I to conclude there's a problem with the colour management on my windows computer ?

Le 20/04/2019 ? 21:33, Liam R E Quin a ?crit?:

There are two colour pickers in GIMP right now. One takes colours from the image, and the other from anywhere on the screen.

Try turning off view->colour management->colour-manage this view and you will probably get the same numbers, unless you are also using display filters on the image window such as Gamma.

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
gimp-user-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list

------------------------------

End of gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 91, Issue 7 *********************************************

Jean Pierre

“Humankind, despite its artistic abilities, sophistication and
accomplishments, owes its existence to a six-inch layer of farmable
soil—and the fact that it rains!"
2019-05-01 04:44:41 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Someone took pity on me and made a suggestion as to how to open it properly. I tried it two ways - once, just trying to open the dmg file in APPLICATIONS - and the second time, by opening a folder in APPLICATIONS and trying to open the dmg file in that folder. The first way didn't work - but the second one has. And I've copied the icon onto the dock bar at the bottom of my MAC's screen. All good now.
Except I can't find the email from the person who suggested it, to express my thanks!

Jean Pierre

I can get GIMP 2.10.10 to download and "open" on my screen - but it doesn't
open in applications, and I can't find a way to get it to open in applications, so when I close it, it vanishes. All I am left with is dmg
file, which I cna use to download it all over again..