RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

On-canvas layer selection

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

On-canvas layer selection Lork 24 Apr 08:36
  On-canvas layer selection Lork 06 May 07:34
2019-04-24 08:36:10 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Hi,

could it be that the new "on-canvas layer selection" via alt + middle click does not work as described - or at least not the way that I understand the description?

"The available layers will be looped through (starting from the upper one) while the Alt key is held". Here at me, the first alt + middle click will indeed switch to a different layer (if there exists one), but the following clicks will achieve nothing, the layer selection remains unchanged, no looping.

And btw: As you correctly state, the mechanism only works when you click onto *pixels*, that is, an area where something is drawn. I'm working heavily with "nearly empty" layers, wouldn't it be much more comfortable if (at least as an option) clicking *anywhere" in the layer, including transparent background, would trigger the layer switch?

Manfred

PS: Selecting the 'GIMP help browser' results in 'Plug-in crashed: "help-browser.exe"'. Is this normal?

2019-05-06 07:34:52 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Ok, no reply so far. So, perhaps someone can at least verify if the on-canvas layer selection behaves as I describe it instead of how it is announced? Thanks a lot!.