RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Lines get fuzzy after using tools.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Lines get fuzzy after using tools. kbean63 06 Apr 12:08
  Lines get fuzzy after using tools. kbean63 07 Apr 04:41
   Lines get fuzzy after using tools. kbean63 09 Apr 03:03
2019-04-06 12:08:23 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Just switched from 2.8 to 2.10. I used to notice in 2.8 that if I used tools, especially the rotate tool, repeatedly on a line or a group of lines, they would eventually lose crispness and get a little fuzzy or blurry. With 2.10 I am finding that using the rotate or scale tool only one time on a line causes it to get very blurry. Is there some sort of setting that controls this?

I have attached an image file to illustrate this with three examples. Drawing #1 is the original drawing, Drawing #2 is the original drawing scaled down, and Drawing #3 is the original drawing rotated. You can see that the lines are getting blurry after only one edit using scale and rotate tools.

Thanks in advance.

2019-04-07 04:41:27 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

Just switched from 2.8 to 2.10. I used to notice in 2.8 that if I used tools, especially the rotate tool, repeatedly on a line or a group of lines, they would eventually lose crispness and get a little fuzzy or blurry. With 2.10 I am finding that using the rotate or scale tool only one time on a line causes it to get very blurry. Is there some sort of setting that controls this?

I have attached an image file to illustrate this with three examples. Drawing #1 is the original drawing, Drawing #2 is the original drawing scaled down, and Drawing #3 is the original drawing rotated. You can see that the lines are getting blurry after only one edit using scale and rotate tools.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I tried fixing the problem by increasing the size and resolution of the entire image and that was an even bigger disaster. Now the entire image is super. fuzzy (see attached image). What am I doing wrong and why does 2.10 seem to be behaving so much differently than 2.8??

I'm completely unable to continue working on this image until I get this figured out.

2019-04-09 03:03:18 UTC (almost 5 years ago)
postings

p.s. I tried fixing the problem by increasing the size and resolution of the entire image and that was an even bigger disaster. Now the entire image is super. fuzzy (see attached image). What am I doing wrong and why does 2.10 seem to be behaving so much differently than 2.8??

I'm completely unable to continue working on this image until I get this figured out.

I think I've figured out this issue.