RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New Gimp File always green

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New Gimp File always green FliegerHenrik 25 Feb 20:45
  New Gimp File always green FliegerHenrik 25 Feb 21:10
  New Gimp File always green rich404 26 Feb 08:26
2019-02-25 20:45:56 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

Hello everybody!
First of all - I am new to this forum and want to introduce myself short: I'm 18 years old und making atm my A-Level. I'm coming from Fürth/Germany..

Now coming to my subject/problem: Since about 3 Weeks (I made about 3 Gimp projects in this time), every new project isn't transparent anymore, it's green. I know how to manually make it transparent, but how can I change my settings, that it is doing automatically every new project with transparent background?

I added a screenshot for helping you to understand my problem.

Thanks for your time Henrik

2019-02-25 21:10:46 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

Hello everybody!
First of all - I am new to this forum and want to introduce myself short: I'm 18 years old und making atm my A-Level. I'm coming from Fürth/Germany..

Now coming to my subject/problem: Since about 3 Weeks (I made about 3 Gimp projects in this time), every new project isn't transparent anymore, it's green. I know how to manually make it transparent, but how can I change my settings, that it is doing automatically every new project with transparent background?

EDIT: I added the wrong Picture at the second file; here is the right one

rich404
2019-02-26 08:26:05 UTC (about 5 years ago)

Hello everybody!

The File -> New dialogue is set to use the background colour and your background colour is green. There are options for different presets. see: https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/de/gimp-file-new.html

or

Reset the foreground/background to the default black/white with the icon under the swatch, before making a new canvas.

see: screenshot