RSS/Atom feed Twitter

Slice Crash

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Slice Crash ob124 27 Jan 01:32
  Slice Crash rich404 27 Jan 09:33
   Slice Crash ob124 27 Jan 20:26
2019-01-27 01:32:00 UTC (4 months ago)
postings
contact

Slice Crash

When I try slice the attached file I get a crash with this error: "
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 740, in response dialog.res = run_script(params)
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script return apply(function, params)
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\py-slice\py-slice.py", line 119, in pyslice left, right, top, bottom, i, j, "")) File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\py-slice\py-slice.py", line 174, in slice temp_image.crop(right - left, bottom - top, left, top) error: could not crop image (ID 10) to 0x301, offset 301, 0 "
and another error:
"
Calling error for procedure 'gimp-image-crop': Procedure 'gimp-image-crop' has been called with value '0' for argument 'new-width' (#2, type GimpInt32). This value is out of range. "
Does anyone know why I am receiving this when I slice the file. The file is too big for attachments so here is the link on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v8kdoickcmgs36/test.xcf?dl=0

2019-01-27 09:33:08 UTC (4 months ago)
postings
contact

Slice Crash

When I try slice the attached file I get a crash with this error: "
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 740, in response
dialog.res = run_script(params)
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script
return apply(function, params)
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP
2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\py-slice\py-slice.py", line 119, in pyslice left, right, top, bottom, i, j, "")) File "C:\Program Files\GIMP
2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\py-slice\py-slice.py", line 174, in slice temp_image.crop(right - left, bottom - top, left, top) error: could not crop image (ID 10) to 0x301, offset 301, 0 "
and another error:
"
Calling error for procedure 'gimp-image-crop': Procedure 'gimp-image-crop' has been called with value '0' for argument 'new-width' (#2, type GimpInt32). This value is out of range. "
Does anyone know why I am receiving this when I slice the file. The file is too big for attachments so here is the link on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v8kdoickcmgs36/test.xcf?dl=0

It is not the plugin, it is your image and in particular the guides. Many duplicates, see screenshot

Remove all of them, and replace at the 301 x 301 pix spacing. Attached a script for multiple guides, guides-grid.scm and the script listguides.scm

You also have an active selection there, does not affect py-slice.py but not good practice.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2019-01-27 20:26:56 UTC (4 months ago)
postings
contact

Slice Crash

It is not the plugin, it is your image and in particular the guides. Many duplicates, see screenshot

Remove all of them, and replace at the 301 x 301 pix spacing. Attached a script for multiple guides, guides-grid.scm and the script listguides.scm

You also have an active selection there, does not affect py-slice.py but not good practice.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

This worked perfectly thank you for the help and for the plugins, that'll be a lot easier than using guides by selection while snapping to a grid. I didn't realize that would cause double ups.