RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

My GIMP program is not in color

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

My GIMP program is not in color Deirdre Purdy 17 Jun 16:58
  My GIMP program is not in color Alexandre Prokoudine 17 Jun 17:01
   My GIMP program is not in color GRM 02 Feb 19:45
    My GIMP program is not in color GRM 02 Feb 19:46
     My GIMP program is not in color rich404 03 Feb 12:08
      My GIMP program is not in color Jaxx 09 Feb 21:59
       My GIMP program is not in color Dagrsen 10 Feb 04:08
        My GIMP program is not in color Samke 15 Feb 17:43
   My GIMP program is not in color nomenclature 15 Feb 14:40
    My GIMP program is not in color Luvsmut 04 Mar 00:59
Deirdre Purdy
2018-06-17 16:58:32 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

The program, which I downloaded twice, to see if I somehow had a bad download, is in black and white, not color. The imported images (photos, etc) are in color, but the program itself (toolbox, layers, etc.) are all in black & white or grayscale. Help!

--

Alexandre Prokoudine
2018-06-17 17:01:41 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

вс, 17 июн. 2018 г., 19:58 Deirdre Purdy :

The program, which I downloaded twice, to see if I somehow had a bad download, is in black and white, not color. The imported images (photos, etc) are in color, but the program itself (toolbox, layers, etc.) are all in black & white or grayscale. Help!

Edit > Preferences > Interface > Theme / Icon Theme

It usually helps reading release notes :)

Alex

2019-02-02 19:45:30 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

вс, 17 июн. 2018 г., 19:58 Deirdre Purdy : Edit > Preferences > Interface > Theme / Icon Theme

Alex

2019-02-02 19:46:54 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

Well, that certainly did not work.

rich404
2019-02-03 12:08:56 UTC (about 5 years ago)

Well, that certainly did not work.

You mean settings as screenshot do not work?

2019-02-09 21:59:24 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

You mean settings as screenshot do not work?

I tried, and the only options avliable are these 4.

2019-02-10 04:08:23 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

I tried, and the only options avliable are these 4.

This link is for 15 other themes. It says their for 2.8, but 2.10 will use 'em to. To learn where to park them in the app. Head down to the folders section of Preferences, open the themes option, there should be two directory paths there. Placing the unziped themes in either one of these directories will allow them to be shown as theme options. This vidio will walk you through the process, and when the description is expanded there is a link to a onedrive zip file. If unable to open zips, two FOSS apps to open this are 7Zip, or peazip Vid is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxtwjxf5tLI

2020-02-15 17:43:02 UTC (about 4 years ago)
postings

This link is for 15 other themes. It says their for 2.8, but 2.10 will use 'em to. To learn where to park them in the app. Head down to the folders section of Preferences, open the themes option, there should be two directory paths there. Placing the unziped themes in either one of these directories will allow them to be shown as theme options. This vidio will walk you through the process, and when the description is expanded there is a link to a onedrive zip file. If unable to open zips, two FOSS apps to open this are 7Zip, or peazip Vid is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxtwjxf5tLI

The four options you see here are from Gimp> Preference > Theme

While here, click on Icon theme, the menu just below theme and you will manage to change the display color of your icons. see screenshot

Attachments: * https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1363/original/theme_gimp.png

Samke (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
2021-02-15 14:40:13 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

вс, 17 июн. 2018 г., 19:58 Deirdre Purdy : Edit > Preferences > Interface > Theme / Icon Theme

Alex

Many thanks Alex I didn't read the notes either, much better in colour! Cheers Roger

2021-03-04 00:59:03 UTC (about 3 years ago)
postings

Many thanks Alex I didn't read the notes either, much better in colour!
Cheers Roger

Hello, I am really new to this program. I downloaded and everything was in black & white. I now have a white background the icons are in color. BUT when I try to select the paint bucket or brush, I cannot get a color pallet. It's still a choice of black or white. What do I need to do to retrieve the colors for this program.

Help please!!! ~ Barb