RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Has GIMP Support For Windows XP Ended?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Has GIMP Support For Windows XP Ended? number1idiot@netzero.net 09 May 22:51
  Has GIMP Support For Windows XP Ended? Simon Budig 10 May 15:08
number1idiot@netzero.net
2018-05-09 22:51:31 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

To Whom It May Concern:

I tried to install GIMP 2,10.0 on Windows XP, and the installer says, "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running.". Is this a bug or is XP no longer supported? The GIMP website says nothing on the downloads page or release notes that XP is no longer supported. There are plenty of us who still use our legacy XP computers, mostly offline, too free up our more modern computers for web surfing.

Thanks, Tony

Constant Fatigue Is A Warning Sign – See The Simple Fix
gundrymd.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/5af37bb152be07bb15d44st02duc
Simon Budig
2018-05-10 15:08:19 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Hi Tony.

number1idiot@netzero.net (number1idiot@netzero.net) wrote:

I tried to install GIMP 2,10.0 on Windows XP, and the installer says, "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running.". Is this a bug or is XP no longer supported? The GIMP website says nothing on the downloads page or release notes that XP is no longer supported. There are plenty of us who still use our legacy XP computers, mostly offline, too free up our more modern computers for web surfing.

Windows XP is no longer supported unfortunately, please stick with Gimp 2.8 for these machines.

I am not too familiar with the reasoning, but IIRC it has to do with thread support that now is needed for Gimp 2.10.

Bye, Simon

simon@budig.de              http://simon.budig.de/