RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GimpShop different to Gimp?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GimpShop different to Gimp? Steve Lett 08 May 10:25
  GimpShop different to Gimp? Alexandre Prokoudine 08 May 10:50
   GimpShop different to Gimp? Michael Schumacher 08 May 11:15
Steve Lett
2017-05-08 10:25:41 UTC (about 7 years ago)

After 3 attempts at downloading GimpShop I succeeded to install it. But I was disappointed. My expectations were to see a PhotoShop-like program but it looks just like the ordinary Gimp program.

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to be different about GimpShop?

Thanks, Steve

Alexandre Prokoudine
2017-05-08 10:50:10 UTC (about 7 years ago)

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Steve Lett wrote:

After 3 attempts at downloading GimpShop I succeeded to install it. But I was disappointed. My expectations were to see a PhotoShop-like program but it looks just like the ordinary Gimp program.

Off the top of my head: icons, menu items' names, some keyboard shortcuts.

We also wouldn't recommend downloading more recent GimpShop for security reasons.

Alex

Michael Schumacher
2017-05-08 11:15:18 UTC (about 7 years ago)

Von: "Alexandre Prokoudine"
On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Steve Lett wrote:

Off the top of my head: icons, menu items' names, some keyboard shortcuts.

One of the suggestions we had at that time was whether this could be done via translations and a customized shortcuts file. But this either didn't work, or was not followed up by the original author, I don't recall.

And there was something similar to Single Window Mode, via a plug-in that added a window to capture all the GIMP windows - only for the Windows platforms, IIRC.

We also wouldn't recommend downloading more recent GimpShop for security reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMPshop#Status

"I originally created Gimpshop, but I'm not the jerk who owns that domain and added adware & spyware to the source. Sorry about that. I hate that this guy is out there making my fun little project into an abomination. ---
I don't have a project site for it. I became discouraged after this whole ordeal and I let it slip away into obscurity. …. Gimpshop was a fun little 'prank' that got bigger than I ever expected. Sad what it has become, though."

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD