RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

The image scale ratio input field in "scale image"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

The image scale ratio input field in "scale image" Simon Kalteis 06 Jan 21:25
  The image scale ratio input field in "scale image" Dana Sibera 07 Jan 22:58
  The image scale ratio input field in "scale image" Sven Neumann 08 Jan 13:59
Simon Kalteis
2005-01-06 21:25:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi!

Today I built Gimp 2.2.1 to see which upgrades it recieved since 2.0. Apart from the really unpleasant file selector which has been discussed on this list already, I noticed that the input field for the scale ratio in the "Scale Image" Dialog is gone.

Why is that? I mean, it was just so convenient to enter 0.5 and have the image scaled to 50% etc. pp.

Pleeease, put it back where it belongs! And by the way: I really don't get the way the inputs behave if "percent" is selected as measure unit. They show some riddiculous values for the original, unscaled image (are they supposed to show "100%" if the image is still unscaled?)...

Apart from that, I must say that the Gimp has developed into a really great tool since 1.0 (when I saw it first).

Regards,

Simon

Dana Sibera
2005-01-07 22:58:52 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On 07/01/2005, at 7:25 AM, Simon Kalteis wrote:

Hi!

Today I built Gimp 2.2.1 to see which upgrades it recieved since 2.0.

Pleeease, put it back where it belongs! And by the way: I really don't get the way the inputs behave if "percent" is selected as measure unit. They show some riddiculous values for the original, unscaled image (are they supposed to show "100%" if the image is still unscaled?)...

A friend of mine came across this exact problem just yesterday, also with 2.2.1 - it's not just you :). The percentage values show 100% on my 2.2, but on hers they show values in the tens of thousands.

dana

Sven Neumann
2005-01-08 13:59:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Simon Kalteis writes:

Today I built Gimp 2.2.1 to see which upgrades it recieved since 2.0. Apart from the really unpleasant file selector which has been discussed on this list already, I noticed that the input field for the scale ratio in the "Scale Image" Dialog is gone.

It isn't gone, it has been merged with the unit menu. Unfortunately it's somewhat broken in GIMP 2.2.1 but will be working properly in 2.2.2 which I will be releasing this weekend.

Sven