RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines Drew Laborde 26 Jun 22:14
  Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines Richard Gitschlag 27 Jun 11:56
   Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines Drew Laborde 27 Jun 20:11
Drew Laborde
2013-06-26 22:14:40 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

Dear Gimp,

I absolutely love the program I am just trying to figure something out. When I start a new project and I start editing the photo (i.e. drawing on it with the paintbrush) I encounter a problem when I try to select certain colors and delete. So lets say I have three colors in my image. I do a little drawing and editing on my image and then I want each separate color to be a separate layer. So I select two of the colors and delete them. Any things that isn't that third color or where the two colors I deleted used to be now has these "editing lines" is what I want to call them. You can see faint lines where I had made slight changes to the image with lets say the paintbrush. HOW DO I GET RID OF THOSE LINES? Some help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thomas

Richard Gitschlag
2013-06-27 11:56:57 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:14:40 -0500 Subject: [Gimp-user] Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines

Dear Gimp,

I absolutely love the program I am just trying to figure something out. When I start a new project and I start editing the photo (i.e. drawing on it with the paintbrush) I encounter a problem when I try to select certain colors and delete. So lets say I have three colors in my image. I do a little drawing and editing on my image and then I want each separate color to be a separate layer. So I select two of the colors and delete them. Any things that isn't that third color or where the two colors I deleted used to be now has these "editing lines" is what I want to call them. You can see faint lines where I had made slight changes to the image with lets say the paintbrush. HOW DO I GET RID OF THOSE LINES? Some help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thomas

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list

Most selection tools have an anti-aliasing feature which improves the visual quality of the selection's edge pixels, but it also means that if you're doing a cut and paste, there may be bits and traces of color left behind in areas that you would expect to have nothing left. Try switching the selectors' antialising off and see if this improves your results.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Drew Laborde
2013-06-27 20:11:52 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

Thanks so much Richard this was the biggest help and it did work I couldn't be any happier right now that has been killing me.

One more question if you don't mind. If I have a problem when trying to scale my image. I put all the images into a folder so that I can resize them all together. When I do that I see the yellow box on one of the layers not change size (it stays smaller than the image) and then the rest of the layers you can't even see the dotted yellow line (which I am assuming is symbolizing the canvas right?). How do I go about getting them to all size out the same so I can print them as PDFs to my desktop?

Also, What is a mask used for?

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

Best,

Thomas

From: Richard Gitschlag [mailto:strata_ranger@hotmail.com] Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:57 AM To: Drew Laborde; gimp-user-list@gnome.org Subject: RE: [Gimp-user] Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines

To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:14:40 -0500 Subject: [Gimp-user] Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines

Dear Gimp,

Thomas

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list

Most selection tools have an anti-aliasing feature which improves the visual quality of the selection's edge pixels, but it also means that if you're doing a cut and paste, there may be bits and traces of color left behind in areas that you would expect to have nothing left. Try switching the selectors' antialising off and see if this improves your results.

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.