RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Image metadata is not saved in File / Properties dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Image metadata is not saved in File / Properties dialog Marcelo Magno T. Sales 03 Mar 23:19
  Image metadata is not saved in File / Properties dialog Marcelo Magno T. Sales 04 Mar 00:17
   Image metadata is not saved in File / Properties dialog Alexandre Prokoudine 04 Mar 00:22
Marcelo Magno T. Sales
2013-03-03 23:19:54 UTC (about 11 years ago)

Hello,

I'm running version 2.8.2 of GIMP on Kubuntu 12.10. I do not remember which version I was running before this one, but it was possible to press ALT + ENTER to open a properties dialog where one could enter / modify a description for the opened image.
ALT + ENTER does nothing in this new version, but I think that I should enter the File -> Properties dialog to do this, right? The dialog is different and it is in a different menu now, but it seems here is where we should enter / edit image metadata. However, nothing that I fill in this dialog is saved. I enter the title, author, description, etc., but when I click OK the info is discarded without warning. If I go back to the File -> Properties dialog right after confirming the data I had just entered, the dialog is blank again. Is this a bug or am I looking for the enter / edit metadata functionality in the wrong place?
If this is a bug, where / how should I report it?

Thanks,

Marcelo

Marcelo Magno T. Sales
2013-03-04 00:17:04 UTC (about 11 years ago)

Em domingo, 03 de maro de 2013 20:19:54 voc escreveu:

Hello,

I'm running version 2.8.2 of GIMP on Kubuntu 12.10. I do not remember which version I was running before this one, but it was possible to press ALT + ENTER to open a properties dialog where one could enter / modify a description for the opened image.
ALT + ENTER does nothing in this new version, but I think that I should enter the File -> Properties dialog to do this, right? The dialog is different and it is in a different menu now, but it seems here is where we should enter / edit image metadata. However, nothing that I fill in this dialog is saved. I enter the title, author, description, etc., but when I click OK the info is discarded without warning. If I go back to the File -> Properties dialog right after confirming the data I had just entered, the dialog is blank again. Is this a bug or am I looking for the enter / edit metadata functionality in the wrong place? If this is a bug, where / how should I report it?

Sorry, I've just found the old dialog I was used to in Image -> Image Properties. The assigned shortcut to it is still ALT+ENTER, but it does not work.
But out of curiosity, what is the File -> Properties dialog for? Why doesn't it save the data typed there?

Thanks,

Marcelo

Alexandre Prokoudine
2013-03-04 00:22:43 UTC (about 11 years ago)

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

But out of curiosity, what is the File -> Properties dialog for?

For viewing and editing metadata.

Why doesn't it save the data typed there?

Because it wasn't finished, but for some reason was made part of the stable release anyway.

Alexandre Prokoudine http://libregraphicsworld.org