RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

HELP! What the EXPORT

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

HELP! What the EXPORT TinaBina 21 Sep 16:40
  HELP! What the EXPORT scl 21 Sep 17:09
   HELP! What the EXPORT Jay Smith 21 Sep 17:19
2012-09-21 16:40:56 UTC (over 11 years ago)
postings

HELP! What the EXPORT

Help! I am trying to save a photo for a deadline and cannot export to my computer as .jpg file to save to iPhotp.

When I go to export the screen (on Gimp) goes grey. The end. What can I do to get these important pictures on my computer ASAP? Using Gimp 2.8.2 and newest version on MAC.

I am new to Gimp. I tried it once and hated it (that was over a year ago) and I am not happy this time either. The editing is fine but the pictures are useless if I cannot access them.

Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions.

scl
2012-09-21 17:09:25 UTC (over 11 years ago)

HELP! What the EXPORT

On 21.09.12 at 6:40 pm TinaBina wrote:

Help! I am trying to save a photo for a deadline and cannot export to my computer as .jpg file to save to iPhotp.

When I go to export the screen (on Gimp) goes grey. The end. What can I do to get these important pictures on my computer ASAP? Using Gimp 2.8.2 and newest version on MAC.

I am new to Gimp. I tried it once and hated it (that was over a year ago) and I am not happy this time either. The editing is fine but the pictures are useless if I cannot access them.

Hi TinaBina,

GIMP on Mac has sometimes the bad habit to open dialog windows in the background. Maybe one of them is open and needs to be confirmed or canceled first. If the error occurs again, press F9 to see the Expos view or press Cmd+Tab to switch through the open windows. Then confirm or cancel the hidden dialog window.
If that's not the solution: what's your Macs version and where exactly did you get GIMP from? Are there any error messages shown on the screen and if yes what's their exact text?

Kind regards,

Sven

gimp-user-list mailing list
gimp-user-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
Jay Smith
2012-09-21 17:19:28 UTC (over 11 years ago)

HELP! What the EXPORT

On 09/21/2012 01:09 PM, scl wrote:

On 21.09.12 at 6:40 pm TinaBina wrote:

Hi TinaBina,

GIMP on Mac has sometimes the bad habit to open dialog windows in the background. Maybe one of them is open and needs to be confirmed or canceled first. If the error occurs again, press F9 to see the Expos view or press Cmd+Tab to switch through the open windows. Then confirm or cancel the hidden dialog window.
If that's not the solution: what's your Macs version and where exactly did you get GIMP from? Are there any error messages shown on the screen and if yes what's their exact text?

Kind regards,

Sven

While my comment is not Mac specific, and not necessarily even Gimp related...

I have seen similar strangeness -- with similar causes as to what Sven is saying -- on Ubuntu Linux KDE desktop environment.

In addition to trying the methods Sven has mentioned, I have sometimes had to go through and _minimize_ all visible windows, one by one, until I find a window or dialog that is open, but not showing up in the task bar or by ctrl-tab, etc.

Again, I am not saying there is a Gimp problem on Linux in this regard, but I am pointing out that the technique of minimizing windows can sometimes expose a window or dialog that you did not know was present.

Best of luck to you.

Jay

gimp-user-list mailing list
gimp-user-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list