RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp2.0pre & python

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp2.0pre & python Przemyslaw Gawronski 12 Jan 10:03
  gimp2.0pre & python Sven Neumann 12 Jan 10:27
   gimp2.0pre & python Przemyslaw Gawronski 12 Jan 11:09
    gimp2.0pre & python Manish Singh 12 Jan 11:54
     gimp2.0pre & python Przemyslaw Gawronski 12 Jan 12:33
  gimp2.0pre & python Joao S. O. Bueno 13 Jan 14:51
Przemyslaw Gawronski
2004-01-12 10:03:01 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp2.0pre & python

Hi, I've downloaded gimp2.0.pre, compiled (with --enable-python), but the scripcts included don't work. Is this known, or there is something wrong with my installation ?

Thanks for some information.

Przemek

Sven Neumann
2004-01-12 10:27:45 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp2.0pre & python

Hi,

Przemyslaw Gawronski writes:

Hi, I've downloaded gimp2.0.pre, compiled (with --enable-python), but the scripcts included don't work. Is this known, or there is something wrong with my installation ?

It would certainly help if you could describe more precisely how the scripts don't work.

Sven

Przemyslaw Gawronski
2004-01-12 11:09:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp2.0pre & python

Dnia Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:27:45AM +0100, Sven Neumann napisa?:

It would certainly help if you could describe more precisely how the scripts don't work.

Yes, sorry, about leaving that out.

Here it is:

[gawron@p-gawronski gawron]$ gimp-1.3 & [1] 4311
[gawron@p-gawronski gawron]$ This is a development version of The GIMP. Debug messages may appear here.

gimp_composite: use=yes, verbose=no +mmx +sse +sse2 -3dnow -altivec -vis Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/gawron/lib/gimp/1.3/python/gimpfu.py", line 427, in _run extra_params = _interact(func_name) File "/home/gawron/lib/gimp/1.3/python/gimpfu.py", line 239, in _interact import gimpui
File "/home/gawron/lib/gimp/1.3/python/gimpui.py", line 15, in ? pygtk.require('2.0')
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 45, in require assert not sys.modules.has_key('gtk'), \ AssertionError: pygtk.require() must be called before importing gtk

I've tryied to run from the main menu:

Extras->Python-Fu->Misc->Sphere

All other python scripts endup the same way.

Manish Singh
2004-01-12 11:54:30 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp2.0pre & python

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:09:55AM +0100, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:

Dnia Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:27:45AM +0100, Sven Neumann napisa?:

Yes, sorry, about leaving that out.

Here it is:

[gawron@p-gawronski gawron]$ gimp-1.3 & [1] 4311
[gawron@p-gawronski gawron]$ This is a development version of The GIMP. Debug messages may appear here.

gimp_composite: use=yes, verbose=no +mmx +sse +sse2 -3dnow -altivec -vis Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/gawron/lib/gimp/1.3/python/gimpfu.py", line 427, in _run extra_params = _interact(func_name) File "/home/gawron/lib/gimp/1.3/python/gimpfu.py", line 239, in _interact import gimpui
File "/home/gawron/lib/gimp/1.3/python/gimpui.py", line 15, in ? pygtk.require('2.0')
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 45, in require assert not sys.modules.has_key('gtk'), \ AssertionError: pygtk.require() must be called before importing gtk

I've tryied to run from the main menu:

Extras->Python-Fu->Misc->Sphere

All other python scripts endup the same way.

Your version of pygtk is too old, you should use at least 1.99.15, or even better 2.0.0.

I've updated the configure script to enforce this.

-Yosh

Przemyslaw Gawronski
2004-01-12 12:33:11 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp2.0pre & python

Your version of pygtk is too old, you should use at least 1.99.15, or even better 2.0.0.

I've updated the configure script to enforce this.

I did as sugested, works like a charme, thankx.

Przemek

Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-01-13 14:51:36 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp2.0pre & python

On Monday 12 January 2004 07:03, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:

Thanks for some information.

Przemek

Hi there,

There is an issue with Python when changing from gtk 1.x to gtk 2.x - and that happens when you change from GIMP 1.2 to GIMP 2.x.

It is IMO, quite shamefull for the PyGTK guys, but is "work aroundable".

The is a file in the Python packages which says which version of GTK porgrans that use PyGTK and the GIMP Python is such a program) will use.

It is called "pygtk.pth". Locate this file in your python directories, and change its content from:
gtk-1.2
to:
gtk-2.0

-
When you want to run gimp 1.2.5 python scripts, you have to revert this.

The whole issue exists because the PyGTK guys (ok, not all of them, it was an individual decision) did not want to create a "gtk2" module, and kept the name of the gtk2 module as "gtk", thus breaking backwards compatibility.

Regards, JS
->