RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Save all open - script

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Save all open - script Brandon 01 Jul 17:51
  Save all open - script norseman 02 Jul 00:20
2009-07-01 17:51:25 UTC (almost 15 years ago)
postings

Save all open - script

Hi all. Obviosuly I am new at this but I have been doing research into scripts and such for a while.

My current task at work is that i have to cut small 10x10 pixel areas out of a bigger bmp file and save them all as individual files.

I have the cutting and pasting to new file down pat, but once i have a hundred or so open, i want to just save all of them at once. I found a script on this list 'saveall.scm' but since these are all new untitled bmp files it would return an error.

I have modified it and i think i have it closer but i have one/two lines way wrong and I cant seem to get it right. All i want is for the script to take all the open images, append a new number on it, .bmp, and save them in a specific folder.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify ; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by ; the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or ; (at your option) any later version. ;
; This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, ; but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of ; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the ; GNU General Public License for more details.

(define (script-fu-save-all-images) (define outDir "C:\\Documents and Settings\\bms\\My Documents\\temp bitmaps\\Unicode 10x10") (define outFile)
(define imgNum)
(let* ((i (car (gimp-image-list)))
(image))
(while (> i 0)
(set! image (vector-ref (cadr (gimp-image-list)) (- i 1))) ;; THE next two lines i edited, they dont work (number->string i imgNum)
(file-bmp-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image)) (string-append outDir "\\" (car (gimp-image-get-name image)) "_" (imgNum) ".bmp") (string-append outDir "\\" (car (gimp-image-get-name image)) "_" (imgNum) ".bmp")) (gimp-image-clean-all image)
(set! i (- i 1)))))

(script-fu-register "script-fu-save-all-images" "/File/Save ALL"
"Save all opened images"
"Saul Goode"
"Saul Goode"
"11/21/2006"
""
)

What did i do wrong?

norseman
2009-07-02 00:20:48 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

Save all open - script

Brandon wrote:

Hi all. Obviosuly I am new at this but I have been doing research into scripts and such for a while.

My current task at work is that i have to cut small 10x10 pixel areas out of a bigger bmp file and save them all as individual files.

I have the cutting and pasting to new file down pat, but once i have a hundred or so open, i want to just save all of them at once. I found a script on this list 'saveall.scm' but since these are all new untitled bmp files it would return an error.

I have modified it and i think i have it closer but i have one/two lines way wrong and I cant seem to get it right. All i want is for the script to take all the open images, append a new number on it, .bmp, and save them in a specific folder.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify ; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by ; the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or ; (at your option) any later version. ;
; This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, ; but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of ; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the ; GNU General Public License for more details.

(define (script-fu-save-all-images) (define outDir "C:\\Documents and Settings\\bms\\My Documents\\temp bitmaps\\Unicode 10x10") (define outFile)
(define imgNum)
(let* ((i (car (gimp-image-list)))
(image))
(while (> i 0)
(set! image (vector-ref (cadr (gimp-image-list)) (- i 1))) ;; THE next two lines i edited, they dont work (number->string i imgNum)

(while (> i 0)

(set! image (vector-ref (cadr (gimp-image-list)) (- i 1))) (file-bmp-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image)) (string-append outDir "\\" (car (gimp-image-get-name image)) "_" (imgNum) ".bmp") (string-append outDir "\\" (car (gimp-image-get-name image)) "_" (imgNum) ".bmp")) (gimp-image-clean-all image)
(set! i (- i 1)))))

(script-fu-register "script-fu-save-all-images" "/File/Save ALL"
"Save all opened images"
"Saul Goode"
"Saul Goode"
"11/21/2006"
""
)

What did i do wrong?