RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Credit Card Hologram Effect

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Credit Card Hologram Effect Zen00 01 Jul 06:04
  Credit Card Hologram Effect norseman 01 Jul 23:59
   Credit Card Hologram Effect Zen00 02 Jul 01:52
2009-07-01 06:04:39 UTC (almost 15 years ago)
postings

Hey all, I'm working on a project and would like to be able to produce an effect similar to one of those holograms on a credit card.

Specifically, I'd like to replicate the metallic shine of the background, and if possible, the picture to some extent.

Anyone know how/know where a good guide to doing so is? I looked around google for a while and didn't see anything.

norseman
2009-07-01 23:59:55 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

Grant B. wrote:

Hey all, I'm working on a project and would like to be able to produce an effect similar to one of those holograms on a credit card.

Specifically, I'd like to replicate the metallic shine of the background, and if possible, the picture to some extent.

Anyone know how/know where a good guide to doing so is? I looked around google for a while and didn't see anything.

============
Ouch! Did Homeland Security get a copy of this? :) Yeah, I would be anonymous too. :)

I'm laughing - but on a serious note, most any better tutorial for drawing machine parts for display (as opposed to shop needs) should have something on the subject. So should any book on drawing anything that displays chrome parts. Holographic look and feel will need something better than a regular printer.

If you can get by with just a visual, look up Eric Christensen's watercolors which have both glass and (sometimes) metal. In general I find most "art" to be very overly priced. I recently saw one of Eric's originals (as opposed to a lithograph). Priced at tens of thousands of US$ it was still not pricey. If you can duplicate what you see - these might be helpful.

Steve

2009-07-02 01:52:31 UTC (almost 15 years ago)
postings

The hologram isn't really the important part. I'd love to make one, but what I really want is the shiny background, like the way this proof penny shines. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/2002_Penny_Proof_Obv.png