RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Fwd: Re: Tool select]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Fwd: Re: Tool select] Gary Montalbine 11 Jan 01:10
Gary Montalbine
2004-01-11 01:10:01 UTC (over 20 years ago)

[Fwd: Re: Tool select]

Just noticed that it had not been sent to the list.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Tool select Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:08:44 -0500 From: Gary Montalbine
To: David Neary
References:

David Neary wrote:

Hi Gary,

Gary Montalbine wrote:

I am able to select a tool and use it on the image. However I can not deselect the tool. I close the dialog box but the tool icon is still in the image. I can change to another tool but I still cannot close one so that there is no icon in the image.

The GIMP will always have exactly one active tool. The default tool is the rect select tool - perhaps this is what you are expecting?

Perhaps a no-op tool might be an idea (a pointer that does nothing except point). I'n not sure... Anyway, it doesn't currently exist :)

Thanks for the info. I was afraid that with an active tool that I was not really using that I might accidently mess up the image. I feel better now that I understand what is going on.

Gary