RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Genius Tablet under windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Genius Tablet under windows danny tauro 10 Jun 22:29
  Genius Tablet under windows DJ 12 Jun 08:29
danny tauro
2009-06-10 22:29:02 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

Hi all;

I've posted this in gimp talk and not gotten any answers. It is really frustrating me. I have looked all over for answers.

I have a genius tablet (genius mouse pen 8*6) and it works under Gimp really well except for one issue. When first open gimp I am able to draw with the mouse. As soon as I colour one pixel with the tablet I can no longer draw with the mouse. I can select tools with it just not draw.

i have found posts scattered around the web on how to fix this issue under Linux with Wacom tablet. Under linux you can go to Edit/Preferences and disable the mouse this apparently fixes the issue. However under windows there is no mouse to disable.

Anyone have a clue to this one?

Can anyone tell me what logs to look at? Or how to enable logging to look at?

I am running under Vista Gimp 2.6.6 (latest stable). GTK is bundled with the installer and comes with a flavour of 2.1.6. I have the newest drivers for the tablet.

DJ
2009-06-12 08:29:17 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

Hi Danny, Gimp-users,

Hi all;
I've posted this in gimp talk and not gotten any answers. It is really frustrating me. I have looked all over for answers. I have a genius tablet (genius mouse pen 8*6) and it works under Gimp really well except for one issue. When first open gimp I am able to draw with the mouse. As soon as I colour one pixel with the tablet I can no longer draw with the mouse. I can select tools with it just not draw. i have found posts scattered around the web on how to fix this issue under Linux with Wacom tablet. Under linux you can go to Edit/Preferences and disable the mouse this apparently fixes the issue. However under windows there is no mouse to disable. Anyone have a clue to this one?

There was an entry in http://groups.google.com/group/comp.graphics.apps.gimp that mentioned http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17992 as a starting point. It's for Wacom, but it also goes over Linux and Windows. I would think configuration (pen tablet properties) would be similar whether Wacom or Genius, just a different looking UI but still located in the Control Panel.

I have a Wacom tablet that I've been thinking of installing, but it'll be on Linux where I've been migrating towards.

Hope this helps some, and you find a solution.