RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

fixed ratio selection

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

fixed ratio selection Jina 16 Dec 21:49
  fixed ratio selection Sven Neumann 16 Dec 23:34
  fixed ratio selection Dave Neary 17 Dec 10:20
Jina
2003-12-16 21:49:09 UTC (over 20 years ago)

fixed ratio selection

Hi,

looking for a way to make fixed ratio selections, such as H/W=1.5 for instance. My purpose is to crop photos to eliminate unwanted parts, while keeping the same H/W ratio from the original.

can someone help ?

Sven Neumann
2003-12-16 23:34:46 UTC (over 20 years ago)

fixed ratio selection

Hi,

Jina writes:

looking for a way to make fixed ratio selections, such as H/W=1.5 for instance. My purpose is to crop photos to eliminate unwanted parts, while keeping the same H/W ratio from the original.

This is being discussed in
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=118775

In GIMP-1.3 you can use the rect select tool to create the selection, then Choose Image->Crop Image from the menu. Perhaps bind a keyboard shortcut to this entry?

Sven

Dave Neary
2003-12-17 10:20:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

fixed ratio selection

Hi Jina,

Jina wrote:

can someone help ?

Yes - in the rectangular selection tool's options, you have an option to constrain the aspect ratio of the selection. If you pu W=3, and H=2, then your rectangular selections will be constrained to 1.5. You can then use the "Crop from selection" option of the crop tool, or alternatively call ->Edit->Crop directly.

Cheers, Dave.