RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Con planning update

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Con planning update David Neary 06 Dec 22:36
David Neary
2003-12-06 22:36:33 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GIMP Con planning update

Hi all,

This is a quick update on the planning for GIMPCon 2004.

As you know, I was continuing to explore two possibilities - GUADEC and a standalone event in Lyon.

The current situation with GUADEC is that we are more than welcome, and are invited to take part in the Graphics stream of the conference. It is likely that there will be representatives from other graphics applications. Off the top of my head, sodipodi, inkscape, dia, OO Draw, CinePaint and ourselves are the main desktop graphics applications at the moment; are there any others I have forgotten? Organisation for this is still in a very early stage, I will know more in a couple of weeks.

The Lyon situation is pretty promising. The university is very interested in having us, and are providing lots of facilities for free. They have asked that we organise a half-day of conferences and demonstrations on the GIMP and other free graphics applications. There'll be wifi, as well as access points to the local network, as long as we play nice and follow the school network usage guidelines.

The only sticking point is that their facilities are typically closed on weekends, and opening things up for us would incur a cost, which they would expect us to cover. So our choices are a free 3 days during the week, or some weekend and some days during the week, but not free.

In short, both propositions are costing little in terms of infrastructure for the conference, but GUADEC demands no organisational cost (apart from me - I'm co-organising the graphics stream).

Just keeping you up to date.

Cheers, Dave.